Hello everyone, Hopefully someone may have an answer to this... Whenever I have to reboot ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mosdefin no está en línea Stack level 2

Theme reverts to default after battery pull

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone may have an answer to this... Whenever I have to reboot or do a battery pull and I have a custom theme it ends up reverting back to the Verizon default theme. It only happens when I have a custom theme active other than the ones that came pre-loaded with the phone.

Thanks in advance!

VZW 8330 Curve - OS 4.3.0.127

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Have you deleted anything off of your BB?
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you mean it completely switches to the default theme or just the wallpaper or certain elements?

Theme completely switches. Haven't deleted anything.

I'm fine if I use any of the Dimension themes, but if I activate any of the themes that I've dl'ed from PinStack I get the results originally posted.

I've been deleting themes that I don't use to see if it helps, but haven't gotten any different results.
    Last edited by Mosdefin; 09-30-2008 at 05:35 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    mosdefin -- have you upgraded your device software since you bought your BB?

if you want to do some troubleshooting with me, you can try one of my themes and we can go from there...

pay special attention to the title of the thread. *most* 4.2 themes may do this bc you are running 4.3 .. can you try this one? and post back results?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ...cherri beat me to it
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Nice Theme Cherri, haven't seen that one around. Looks like that might have done the trick. I usually pay attention to the specifics of the themes, making sure that they are 4.3. I'll have to keep testing and see.

Both of you were very helpful! Thanks!

Akim281 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216E72B9
    i have the same thing happening to me. my theme is a 4.5 theme and that's what i am running. any other ideas???

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akim281 View Post
    i have the same thing happening to me. my theme is a 4.5 theme and that's what i am running. any other ideas???
    That's a bug in some versions of 4.5......try a different version than what you have now.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

slayer500 no está en línea Stack level 1

curve 8330 verizon theme issue

I have had this problem for a while. I had the pearl 8130 previous to this phone and had some 4.3 themes on it along with all of my other software. well when i backed up all of my programs the themes backed up as well. I loaded them all onto my curve. Well those themes did not show up in my themes on the curve (because they were 4.3 themes and my curve runs 4.5OS) anyhow i had created all new 4.5 themes for my curve. well every time I rebooted the curve it would default back to the default Verizon theme. Turns out when I was searching under the applications that were installed on my berry that the 4.3 themes were definately installed however inaccessable under the themes menu. I uninstalled them and go figure it solved the whole problem with my curve defaulting back to that crappy verizon theme. Hope this solves any problems people are having, just remember that if you upgraded from a previous os or another berry to make sure that there are no themes from a different version os other than the os you are running installed.