I'm getting a "The requested page can not be displayed" when I try to visit: ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Glenn J no está en línea Stack level 2

"The requested page can not be displayed" error

Advertisement

I'm getting a "The requested page can not be displayed" when I try to visit: http://www.mountsnow.com/mobile/ or http://www.mountsnow.com/ or any http://www.mountsnow.com/ related page. All of these pages work just fine from a PC. I forwarded the links via BB messenger to two buddies who have BB's....they can get the links to work. All my other websites work without a problem at all. This has me totally stumped. I cleared everything from the browser cache and cookies; didn't clear the pushed data. I also pulled the battery.

On thing I did notice last night. When I went to http://www.mountsnow.com, it came up a cell phone spam page. I've checked the URLs to these sites when I visit them and they are in fact correct.

I'm on a Curve 8310, using 4.5 from AT&T. Browser is set to internet browser, not MediNet.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I suggest you copy and forward the address to yourself like you did your friends just to eliminate any chance of a keying error on what you're trying - any help?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Now that's interesting! If I e-mail myself the link, it works. I went to the page in my browser via my bookmarks...I copied the address by viewing the URL from the menu. Composed an e-mail and e-mailed the address to myself. If I click on the link from my e-mail, the page comes up. But the EXACT same URL in my bookmarks will give me the error. I'm stumped. LOL!

I know. I've had the same situation (obviously, thus the suggestion) and I think it's because some erroneous character gets into the site entry or something. I've check and checked myself when having that problem - the work-around is just what I suggested. I'm stumped too but remember it - it works.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I was thinking of maybe nixing the bookmark..then adding it again. But that wouldn't explain why it still won't display when I got to google, search for "Mt Snow Mobile", then click on that link...and still get the same error message. I guess it's something in the browser itself?

I do appreciate the workaround! I like getting the ski conditions righ on my phone without having to fire up the ol' PC.

If you go to the site and THEN add the bookmark that should work!

You're right! It does work! That's really really strange. The old bookmark doesn't work, the new one does.

Now let's add more to the weirdness. When I google "Mt. Snow Mobile" via my BB, the correct site and url come up as the first hit. When I click on that, it doesn't bring me to to the site, it brings me here: http://xsearcher.net/search.php?search=mt+snow+mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn J View Post
    You're right! It does work! That's really really strange. The old bookmark doesn't work, the new one does.

Now let's add more to the weirdness. When I google "Mt. Snow Mobile" via my BB, the correct site and url come up as the first hit. When I click on that, it doesn't bring me to to the site, it brings me here: http://xsearcher.net/search.php?search=mt+snow+mobile
    I'm guessing that the site reference, right or wrong, is what's there. (Sounds like double-talk) Maybe you're expecting it to be one thing from the search and it's not what you expect. Not sure exactly what's going on but anyway, you have a solution to that situation. Hang in there and keep stacking!

Here's another strange find. When I navigate away from the /mobile site to the main page...via the mobile site. I get line and lines and lines of cheap cell phone spam. Then under that, the correct webpage.

I don't know much about spam on a BB. I've started getting some spam text msgs on my T-Mobile (to-go) phone and I don't EVER text anyone on that phone - I don't even have a texting plan on that phone so normally I can't even get a text msg unless it comes from T-Mo. Mine are from "chasebank" and "nationalcreditunion" - places where I don't have accounts (what else is new?) and I have NO idea how they targeted me except to either get cell numbers from the T-Mobile data base or, more likely, just make random numbers and send.

What are the "cell phone spam" msgs like - trying to sell something? Plans? Other?

It's very annoying. Maybe an expert will chime in and offer some help. I don't know how to get rid of it.