Hey guys, whats up? Its been awhile since i posted. I am just wondering, i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Question The price of 8900?

Advertisement

Hey guys, whats up? Its been awhile since i posted. I am just wondering, i want the 8900 sooo bad and im currently under a contract that ends on November..

And its really crazy cos i spend so much money on upgrading, Pearl? Curve? and yeah not the new curve lol.i want to save some money this time. Is there anyway to ask the TMO CS to like cut me some deals??

I need some takes on this.. Thanks!

And oh 8900ers send me a pin! lets chat! LOL

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Okay tmobile charges you 499.99$ without contract if you talk and talk a whole lot to a customer service or tmo rep they may give you a deal but the only way I heard ppl getting deals is if they threaten to leave but you can't since your under contract...

TheTechGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was only one year into my plan when I called for the 8900. I was told I was due for a "partial upgrade" which was $70 off of the full cost which would make it $430 only if I agreed to a new 2 year contract. My plan was too good to change so I took the full cost. Thats $500 for the phone plus $20 express shipping plus tax... it came to $556. You can always try to swindle a deal which sometimes works. They also have a payment plan now... if you are willing to pay the full price but can't afford it all up front ask about the payment plan.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    All you can do is ask and state your cause. If you have had a pretty good track record (payments on time, tenure) that will help persuade for a better deal. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I predict the price of the 8900 at release time to be $499.99 (with out contract/full-price), and either $299.99 - $100.00 rebate = $199.99, OR $249.99 - $100.00 rebate = $149.99 (Both prices would be with a 2-year contract). The latter price of $149.99 would definitely give the competition a run for it's money. I also think that these prices would be the full-upgrade price I would try and shoot for (maybe lower depending on your method of operation). Anything lower than this price point would be bananas.

And don't forget to try and set up a payment plan if you might like something like that. T-mobile will allow you to make 3 - 4 monthly payments with no interest added to you monthly billing statementsl. This might be an option for some people considering the full price without a contract if they cannot get it for any lower than $499.99.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 01-31-2009 at 05:01 AM.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    I received my 8900 yesterday - having previously had a Bold. I am very happy with the 8900. I could go into detail - but this isn't really the thread for this. All I would say is that apart from being incredibly light, the keyboard is the best I have ever used.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Hey, going back to this thread, i officially left tmobile and cancelled my contract for 200. Bought the storm for 199. I got the rebate instantly due to corporate discount.

Overall I spent 399. plus some taxes which got me to 250 on the phone. So its about 450. Although, i lost my good tmobile plan with 1000 mins for 39.99.

Anyway, no biggie, lets try some change this year. VZW welcomed me really good!

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    How is the storm screen lag tho any better?

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Paid 429 with partial upgrade on 2 yr extension.