I LOVE my new Curve. Matter of fact I would love to know what they ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3

The Only Thing Better About The 8700...

Advertisement

I LOVE my new Curve. Matter of fact I would love to know what they are going to do to improve it in the future. Besides a better camera and video recording, I cannot think of one other thing they can do. The only thing that I found that is better about my 8700 is that it charged the battery faster. That's about it.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Re: The Only Thing Better About The 8700...

Don't u miss the feel of the trackwheel though?? I liked the crisp clicks... This new trackball is too smooth... I like clicks...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I prefer the 8700 keyboard over the curve's, but I have learned to deal with the curve just fine. I also miss the ability to press and hold the mute key and have it switch between profiles...RIM, PLEASE bring that feature back...PLEASE!!!!

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

the battery charged alot faster probably because it didnt use as much battery compared to these ones (81xx 83xx 88xx) they are a little bit harder on the battery I think.

I loved the 8700g but i'll stick to my trackball now.. I had the 8800 8100 and now the 8320 i will never go back to a trackwheel, im to used to it now.
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

One other thing I've noticed is that 8700 was built somewhat more solid.
    The Curve has creaky parts here and there, it just drives me crazy knowing that it's not perfect.
    Well...I must be an addict!

In fact, I am not the only one that gripes about this...

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

yeah there are people complainging about it, it isnt the greatest built but if you have the curve sitting next to the 8700 i'll take the curve anyday its more appealing to people, it looks flashy, expensive...where the 8700 was like a brick, lol. no offense it was a great phone

but i agree nabi
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    the battery charged alot faster probably because it didnt use as much battery compared to these ones (81xx 83xx 88xx) they are a little bit harder on the battery I think.

I loved the 8700g but i'll stick to my trackball now.. I had the 8800 8100 and now the 8320 i will never go back to a trackwheel, im to used to it now.
    how true that is my friend. If you were ever typing and you made an error you had to hold down the "alt" key then use the track wheel to scroll all the way back up again i didn't really miss that part. the pearl aim for the direction that you wanted to go adn thats it. Although, when your playing that circle popper game it was easier with the 8700 in comparison to the scroll ball. i knew how many click to aim to right place.lol

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I replaced my 8700c with a curve today. I was initially concerned I would miss the track wheel, but I'm amazed at how quickly I got used to the track ball. the only real trouble I had was I would push what I thought was the escape key on the curve and would end up taking a picture instead. I got used to this change pretty quickly though.

redbonnie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304E6F86

I keep switching from my 8700g to my curve, cant seem to make up my mind. I love the build, even though its bulky. well i switched my seem to the curve today

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Quote Originally Posted by joewoo
    Don't u miss the feel of the trackwheel though?? I liked the crisp clicks... This new trackball is too smooth... I like clicks...
    You can actually set the track ball to click, or not, while scrolling. It's in the Options menu. I like my clicky track ball!

londel no está en línea Stack level 2

My 8320 is ten times better than my 8700g. Tmo had issues with the 4.2 software for the 8700g. I had to exchange 4 times before tmo figured out the software was screwed. The size of my new bb is the best and all the upgrades kicks the 8700g ***.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I upgraded from an 8700g to the 8320 and it has fulfilled my total needs from the camera, to loud & crisp external speaker, to full qwerty action. the only way it could be perfected was a slightly sterdier build/feel (8700g like without the bulk), and an external microSD slot for hotswaps. The rest of the features it lacks can be added via OS upgrade, like streaming media.

All n' all, I couldn't be much happier with the phone than I am.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Yea, I also came from the 8700g to the curve, and it's totally a major improvement.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by nabitheking
    One other thing I've noticed is that 8700 was built somewhat more solid.
    The Curve has creaky parts here and there, it just drives me crazy knowing that it's not perfect.
    Well...I must be an addict!

In fact, I am not the only one that gripes about this...
    I never had the 8700 but I can say this about the BB's I have used in the past. The WORST series I have used as far as quality is the 8100. I loved the small size of the phone but went thru 3 in 8 months (2 were plagued with random shut downs).

The BEST series I have used quality wise is the 7100 series. I had 5 of them in 2 years but they were more durable than the Pearl (by this I mean they lasted more than 3 months). In fact, I still have my 3rd 7100t (2 yrs old now) which I used in between the first 2 Pearls.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I prefer the 8700 keyboard over the curve's, but I have learned to deal with the curve just fine. I also miss the ability to press and hold the mute key and have it switch between profiles...RIM, PLEASE bring that feature back...PLEASE!!!!
    Or the fact the sms can be resent with coverage is lost instead of a dang protocol error
    BB8900 is mine!