Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi fellow bb buddies! I received my AT&T BB Curve yesterday and I noticed the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

crayons no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249e541a

The curve's trackball feel

Advertisement

Hi fellow bb buddies! I received my AT&T BB Curve yesterday and I noticed the trackball is hard to press down. The ball is much harder to press than my friend's Pearl. Is this normal? Should it soften up after a few weeks? There's no solid "click" feedback I get like using my friends pearl. Also a few threads down, someone mentioned squeaky sides. My right side feels a bit loose and I can definately feel the side of the case being depressed when I use the camera button. It doesn't bother me much, but I like my phone to feel solid Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by crayons; 06-07-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: The curve's trackball feel

Welcome to PinStack crayons.

I didn't know any difference when I switched from the Pearl to the Curve. Maybe yours is different. You might want to take it back if you bought it from a store as see if they will let you compare to another.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    249e541a

Thank you for the quick response. I'll go ahead and contact cingular. If it was just a slight difference in feel I could live with it, but the difference in feel is night and day. My thumb hurts when I press down on the trackball.

fortyeighty no está en línea Stack level 2

Maybe you need to do some thumb pushups and build the thumb strength of a daily BB user!

I kid. Welcome to the stack!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Don't notice a difference on mine as well... And I certainly feel fortunate not to have the squeaky sides some have noted.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Don't notice a difference on mine as well... And I certainly feel fortunate not to have the squeaky sides some have noted.

yoshio no está en línea Stack level 2

I definately noticed a firmer resistance from the trackball on my first curve. Clicking through the phone setup left an indent in my thumb... seriously, it was really hard and clicky.

I exchanged my curve today for a totally different reason (random shutdowns), and the first replacement they gave me rattled when I rolled the ball. Luckily, they had others in stock and the one I ended up with is a perfectly solid device with a trackball just like my old pearl's...

Simple manufacturing variations can make a huge difference. Although I wouldn't have returned my curve for the trackball alone, I'm glad I have a normal one now.

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My trackball is really easy to use and not firm at all. I would get a replacement.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

I think the trackball is one of those things thats like the loto. Like, when I had my Pearl my trackball didn't give any kind of feedback what so ever, but on my friends Pearl, it was highly responsive. Don't get me wrong, everything worked accordingly, it was just that the ball didn't give and response when pushed in. So I learned my lesson and now know that when I go to buy my curve on TMO, I am definitely going to try the trackball before purchase. A little finicky, meh maybe...

PIN/ID
    249e541a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks for the opinions. Going to start thumb pushups while I wait for my replacement.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by crayons
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks for the opinions. Going to start thumb pushups while I wait for my replacement.
    LOL
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Tastic7 no está en línea Stack level 2

I can totally relate to what you're saying about the trackball. The Pearl's was much easier to push down and had better tactile feedback. I also am experiencing a loose right side. I don't have squeeking, but as you said, I can definitely tell it's loose when I push the camera button. I was disappointed, but this device is otherwise too good to complain about anything.

- Tastic
    - Tastic

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

My Curve's trackball was just like my body at 40. No firmness at all.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tastic7
    I can totally relate to what you're saying about the trackball. The Pearl's was much easier to push down and had better tactile feedback. I also am experiencing a loose right side. I don't have squeeking, but as you said, I can definitely tell it's loose when I push the camera button. I was disappointed, but this device is otherwise too good to complain about anything.

- Tastic
    I've had my Curve for about 40 mins and I immediatley notice some differences. I currently have in my hands A White Pearl 8100, the 8800 and the Curve.

The trackball- It does feel much sloppier than that of the 8100 and 8800. There is a difference in the resistance of the ball and it seems almost as though it is lighter and lose. It also does have more of an audible presence when scrolling.

The Screen - It has been mentioned on some other posts and I will reiterrate it here. The screen on the Curve is somewhat inferior to that of the Pearl and 8800. The vibrance is not as present and I notice that there is a slight tinge of yellow when compared side by side. I am in marketing and graphics, so it is very noticeable to me as my eye is pretty good at noticing suttle differences.

The Form Factor /Feel - Although the Curve doesn't feel as well built as the Pearl or the 8800 I think that may be a result of it's weight. It is insanely lighter than the other two phones. I haven't given it a beating yet so I can't confirm how durable it is, but I think it should withstand some impact.

Over all, if I had to hold one of these three phones in my hand for 30 minutes the Curve is a bit more comfortable then the Pearl and the 8800 is a brick.

Sound - The call quality seems to be ok. I haven't had an opportunity to talk to someone for more then 2 minutes yet. I will post an update tomorrow.

The Media Player is 10 times better then on the Pearl or 8800. I plugged my headphones in and I was blown away by the quality of sound. Honestly, it is unreal how great the sound is. They've added a great playlist and loads of features for browsing pictures, songs and videos. Another great bonus is the fact that we can now watch video in Full Screen.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by crayons
    Hi fellow bb buddies! I received my AT&T BB Curve yesterday and I noticed the trackball is hard to press down. The ball is much harder to press than my friend's Pearl. Is this normal? Should it soften up after a few weeks? There's no solid "click" feedback I get like using my friends pearl. Also a few threads down, someone mentioned squeaky sides. My right side feels a bit loose and I can definately feel the side of the case being depressed when I use the camera button. It doesn't bother me much, but I like my phone to feel solid Thanks in advance.
    I had to deal with this and the fact that I could only scroll in one direction the other day on my Pearl. It was frustrating but it took a few minutes of depressing the trackball (and accidentally opening the wrong program in the process) to get it to work right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast