Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by s2kneSs Thanks for pointing that out. Makes a lot of sense. This ... BlackBerry Curve forum

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by s2kneSs View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. Makes a lot of sense. This is making me want to wait even longer... the wait is long enough already. I'm anticipating a late April early May release for the 3G Curve.
    I'd say May earliest. WES is May 5-7 in Orlando this year, that's the expected release. From announcement to actual availability I would imagine there be some lead time.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    As far as T-Mobile offering a 3G Curve, I just don't see it for some time. Especially because they are the first to release the 8900. Due to the status of their 3G network, and that they operate it at 1700MHz, it's hard to get a feel for their BB path.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The magnum will be half touchscreen half qwerty keyboard based on the 8900 but i dont know if that is the only 3G 8900 based phone coming or if there will be a 8900 3G with NO touchscreen.
    Im thinking 93xx ?

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh archer...why'd you have to make me read this!!!

Should I just go to Rogers and say "thanks but no thanks, I want my money back for that jerk-off's crappy customer service!" or do the exchange for the 8900 anyway and just sell it when the 3G version comes out???

Blackberry decisions = mind boggling...

I have 9 hours to make a decision.....
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Honestly mizme. If 3G is going to make a huge difference for you, wait it out.
    If you dont really care about it get the 8900 its an amazing device.
    Both my day to day BBs (unlocked 9530 and 8900) are on EDGE and i dont see much of a difference compared to when I was using my Bold as my daily driver.

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Haha...just the answer I was looking for. Goodnight!
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Youre welcome
    Last edited by ranxoren; 01-17-2009 at 06:37 PM.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks Archer and Ranx for the insight. This discussion has made it slightly more difficult to be certain. It's going on 2yrs with the Pearl (TMo) so something will be done very soon. I brought the wifey on board with BlackBerry over a year ago so she's definitely been happy with that, however I feel stuck (being w/TMo). As you said Arch, no 3G for a while for the 89xx. At the present state of where everyone is, (Carriers 3G/4G/LTE-wise), TMo lags behind severely. So, with that said, I love TMo and my experience with them has been wonderful (5yrs and counting) but my contract will be up Dec '09. I have always said that if I wasn't with TMo I would be with Verizon which will no doubt be expensive but up-to-date technology wise. As it is now, I can't wait for Dec '09.....decisions, decisions.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    By Dec '09, i think this discussion will be outdated and that we will be talking about different things already

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    By Dec '09, i think this discussion will be outdated and that we will be talking about different things already
    Ran, is there something your not telling us? lol

Thats true though, and probably there will be talk about "4G" being around the corner. So really, this 3G thing doesn't bother me at all. I've maid my decision, I'm going to get the 8900. I'm very satisfied with EDGE it has never failed me and if it did I have WiFi to rely on so 3G or no 3G I will be happy with the 8900.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Oh for sure....that Dec '09 rant was if I were absolutely sure I was gonna ditch TMo. As s2kness said, the 8900 has wi-fi and I'm sure I would be very happy with this device. It's just the big picture that has me concerned...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Again, if you dont care about 3G and you like the 8900, GO FOR IT. Great device.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123