Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It will not be called 8920 from what I gather, and the point of an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

It will not be called 8920 from what I gather, and the point of an EDGE 8900 as i mentioned it in another thread, is the release of a "next gen" blackberry (read: OS 4.6) with support for UMA.
    Thank you

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Beings as TMO is getting the 8900 what appears to be before ATT, then no telling if and when they'll release a 8900 variation that uses TMOs 3g data frequencies? Or am I completely off track here?
    Last edited by Meh!; 01-16-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Typo

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I dont think T-Mo will release a 3G 8900 as their 3G frequencies are different than the "standard" north american one.
    Rogers is carrying the 8900 and i have no doubt will also the 3G 89series when its out.
    ATT might wait on the 3G one or do like rogers, time will tell.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I dont think T-Mo will release a 3G 8900 as their 3G frequencies are different than the "standard" north american one.
    Rogers is carrying the 8900 and i have no doubt will also the 3G 89series when its out.
    Ya well I have TMO USA..That was what I was thinking about the frequencies.. I don't expect to see a TMO 3G 8900 anytime soon. I am about 90% sure on the 11th im jumping for it, unless I can figure something out sooner. I have a friend with a business account, but I don't know if that will pan out yet or not. lol

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    AT&T has the 3G Curve already listed on their map of devices for 2009. The only uncertainty is the actual model number. My speculation of it being an 89xx is due to it's relation to the 8900. Again just like last years 8300 to 8310 / 8320 migration. This will be repeated with the 8900. Also the timing will be similar. Last year less than just 90 days after I purchased my 8300, it was made obsolete by AT&T's release of the 8310. I'm not going to get stuck again with a short lived model.

Now, that said I will state the obvoius which is the same thing that all carriers state in the fine print. "Subject to change without notice"....heh! I can only speak for myself when I say that this time the wait will be more than worth it.

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    great insight for all of us curve users. I have three upgrades-one now, one in April, and one in August. By then AT&T will have the 3G Curve up and running. thanks for the great thread

Remembering that Rogers is in Canada and AT&T is in North America, they are indeed two very separate companies and markets. Each have distinctively different goals, objectives and operating practices. AT&T very much stands on it's own and is not influenced or controlled by the decisions that Rogers makes.

AT&T has already posted the 3G 89xx on it's 2009 map of upcoming devices. Traditionally AT&T is the premier provider of the majority of all new BlackBerry models released in the US. Their vast 3G network is ready to accomodate any 3G BlackBerry that is produced. Since 3G is today's technology and given the fact that RIM is late to the party, having resisted 3G as long as they could. I'm certain that AT&T will market the 3G 89xx Curve in fine fashion.

Cheers...

jjtown no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    any word on this coming to CDMA "Bell"

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Very interesting thread Archer. I'm with you on waiting for the next best thing as I did with the curve. Prior to purchasing a curve I used to own a pearl and I was waiting until a second version came out and it sure enough did. I was initially gonna go with the 8300 but back then I really did not like the silver color nor did I like the fact that it didn't have anything to offer. I mean no gps no wifi? what's up with that for that matter I could have gotten one of those LG phones which have been 3G for the longest. So, I decided to wait and sure enough the 8310 came out and I was dying for it. So, i got it and man I love this thing; it's a beast. GPS? I use it every day and almost every hour. I drive a lot and boy have I saved tons of money...especially using amAze gps So, I think I might just do the same thing with the upcoming Curve 2. Look at the pearl versions too 8110 8120... it's just like they say once you wait for something, something better is already in the works so you'd never be able to have the best thing out there. Stinks but what are you gonna do
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Remembering that Rogers is in Canada and AT&T is in North America, they are indeed two very separate companies and markets. Each have distinctively different goals, objectives and operating practices. AT&T very much stands on it's own and is not influenced or controlled by the decisions that Rogers makes.

AT&T has already posted the 3G 89xx on it's 2009 map of upcoming devices. Traditionally AT&T is the premier provider of the majority of all new BlackBerry models released in the US. Their vast 3G network is ready to accomodate any 3G BlackBerry that is produced. Since 3G is today's technology and given the fact that RIM is late to the party, having resisted 3G as long as they could. I'm certain that AT&T will market the 3G 89xx Curve in fine fashion.

Cheers...
    Oh definitely i never implied that ATT was following Rogers' step I just meant they might have the same way of going about it.
    Also my 2c the 3G 8900 will be 9xxx series as the 9xxx+ are all 3G devices as opposed to -9xxx which are all EDGE.
    The variations xx10 xx20 are now irrelevant as xx10 used to stand for GPS and xx20 for wifi, nowadays the devices has them both in its xx00 version

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Damn Archer!!! Thanks for making me rethink my decision to buy the 8900.....Now i have no idea what to do!! The thing that gets me is that i like Tmo and plan to stay with them for awhile, I really dont want to pay an ETF just to jump over to AT&T and get a 3g 89xx, that just doesnt make sense to me. How ever having a 3g bb would be very nice.....hmmmm, does Tmo have any plans to release a 3g 8900, i know its a different freq. then others.... but if i could get an idea if Tmo will or will not release a 3g model, that would make my decision much easier......

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have no choice but to wait. im not leaving AT&T and im not gonna dish out $500+ for a phone.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Oh definitely i never implied that ATT was following Rogers' step I just meant they might have the same way of going about it.
    Also my 2c the 3G 8900 will be 9xxx series as the 9xxx+ are all 3G devices as opposed to -9xxx which are all EDGE.
    The variations xx10 xx20 are now irrelevant as xx10 used to stand for GPS and xx20 for wifi, nowadays the devices has them both in its xx00 version
    Thanks for pointing that out. Makes a lot of sense. This is making me want to wait even longer... the wait is long enough already. I'm anticipating a late April early May release for the 3G Curve.

What is your predicted model number for the 3G Curve that is destined for AT&T ?

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What is your predicted model number for the 3G Curve that is destined for AT&T ?
    Pretty sure CX has confirmed the Magnum is the 9220 as was speculated in that mock up "roadmap" floating around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast