Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by saeder My Curve went for a swim in what could best be ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: The Curve is Waterproof!!! (almost)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by saeder View Post
    My Curve went for a swim in what could best be aptly described as swamp water. I didn't notice at first as I had fallen, but when I fished it out I quickly ripped the back off and pulled the battery, it wasn't pretty. I let it dry out for a day to no avail it would NOT spring to life soooo I purchased a new 8310, can't live without my bb what can I say! Anyways for some reason I decided I'd dismantle the old curve see what the innards looked like, cleaned the board with some hot water and a tooth brush let everything dry again for a few days, re-assembled it... and viola! one fully functional curve! I felt like Dr. Frankenstein! especially since I didn't have it fully assembled just the minimum parts required for the screen/keyboard and battery to be in place!

Yay! I'm soo glad you have two Curves now. Sooo, hot water and a tooth brush works?

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    You guys are EXREMELY lucky, my electrical devices dont fair too well when they've submerged in any kind of liquid.

It's not so much the submerging that's the problem... it's if a short occurs. I remember one of the guys at my old job telling me about an awful flood years back. The office was under water but everything had been off. They ran the motherboards for some of the Silicon Graphics workstations through the dishwasher to rinse off all the dirt and let everything dry out again, they didn't lose a thing.

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Yay! I'm soo glad you have two Curves now. Sooo, hot water and a tooth brush works?

Worked at removing the mud and dirt that had caked on, it wasn't so much a tooth brush though, it was one of those little brushes you can use instead of floss, gave me more control I just need to get around to ordering a replacement shell from cnn.cn because my old one got pretty beaten up.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Old, I swim with my blackberry all the time, and I talk to Lavagirl while I'm under the pool. lol jk

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078

unfortunately, i see this all too often... do us guys who work in the store a favor tho... tell us BEFORE we touch ur phone that you dropped it in the toulet.. gross. the one trick we try if drying doesn't work... and this is not a sanctioned AT&T operating procedure... spray it down with windex, leave it near a dry warm spot (window on a sunny day, near a heating vent) and give it a couple days. half the time it works, and the other half... well, then it gets spendy

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

I've heard also of spraying it down with WD-40, makes sense.

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thank you for all the great stories, I like where this thread is going. And dont worry, if I ever meet any of you Ill warn you mine went through toilet water before you touch it ;-D Actually the toilet was flushed, I even gave my curve a big kiss after it started working again ^_^

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Varekai View Post
    Thank you for all the great stories, I like where this thread is going. And dont worry, if I ever meet any of you Ill warn you mine went through toilet water before you touch it ;-D Actually the toilet was flushed, I even gave my curve a big kiss after it started working again ^_^
    Lol. Hopefully you wiped it down with an alcohol pad or something. Haha..

PIN/ID

I have now. At the time tho i didnt want anything with a liquidy substance going within a foot of it

WaltrCorp no está en línea Stack level 1

one late nite while trying to make a midnite sandwich i droped juice on top of mine. To my surprise it took it like a champ, of course now it smelled like Sunny D for a day but it works just fine.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

A friend dropped it at the sea. He removed the battery instantly and let it dry for a day. It worked randomly after that, with no vibration, camera and keys/trackball working randomly. It was all filled with sand so we disassembled it, cleaned it and then all worked but the camera that is officially gone.

In any case it's impressive that it endured so much.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    If that every happens again, try putting your curve with the battery out of it in a container filled with rice. Rice is supposed to absorb all the excess water.
    Yes, rice able to absorbed water. I did that yesterday after my Pearl take a dip in the pool. The camera was ruined forever. DAMN!!!
    Last edited by s16ri; 03-01-2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: update

PIN/ID

Seems like the curve is tougher then the pearl. The other guy who spilled juice on his pearl has problems with it, people who doused their curves in water seem to have no problems once it dries.

richard2010 no está en línea Stack level 1

holy cow that is crazy bbs are invinsible

Mako5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok so here is my story, I was having dinner with my team and we were looking at the pictures on my Curve. As one person was passing it to another, she muffed the hand off and swish, dropped it right into the glass of diet coke that was in between them. Everyone was stunned, when we fished it out, half the screen was filled with diet coke. Dumb me I then turned it on to see if it worked. It flickered then went out. Inside I am thinking okee dokee, time for an upgrade. I shook out all the diet coke I could. The next morning I popped the battery back in and power it up. Life! In fact it still works to this day. Amazing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast