I have had a long term love/hate relationship with cell/smart phones since 1997 when I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

The BEST I Ever had!

Advertisement

I have had a long term love/hate relationship with cell/smart phones since 1997 when I got the Q phone from Qualcomm (i think I paid $600 for it and it was JUST a phone....). Since then I have had devices from Samsung, Kyocera, Motorola, HP, Treo, LG, and Blackberry (I cant remember the model but it was the blue one, 7200??). All of these disappointed in one way or another.

I recently went back to Blackberry after getting fed up with my Treo resetting all the time and the sheer amount of sw I had to buy to make it functional for me. All I can say is the 8300 is the best device I ever had. Everything about it works and works well. I have no complaints. I was a little hesitant going back to Blackberry because of the prior experience. Yes it was very reliable for email but really nothing else. The fact that there were no 3rd party applications also made it unappealing for me. It is amazing what the BB has become since 2004 when I last used a BB. This is as close to an all in 1 device that I have seen. All I need to find is a wallet type application for BB and I will be totally satisfied. Here is a brief list of the things that make the 8300 so greaet for me:

Phone: the earpiece and speakerphone is nice and loud which is important for me since I am in airports and cities alot.

Email: the hallmark of the BB. I do wish the BIS would support full IMAP with folders though.

Voicedialing: I did not even know the 8300 had this feature until my brother pointed it out. Without any training it works great! A must for anyone who drives and talks on the phone a lot like me.

Web: pretty darn good and fast. I can easily see the content of pages. Since this is a mobile device I am not expecting a full web experience

3rd Party Apps: the options are getting better and better

Menu: GREAT!

Form Factor: something about the slimness and width just fits my hand very well.

Anyway, great device. I am going to be keep this for a while (at least until the next bleeding edge device comes out!)

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: The BEST I Ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by tboooe
    Web: pretty darn good and fast. I can easily see the content of pages. Since this is a mobile device I am not expecting a full web experience
    Be sure to check out Desktop View. You can switch via the menu when you're looking at a web page.

amanda0769 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Thanks for the great Curve feedback! I just bought one and it should be arriving Monday or Tuesday so I am really excited!

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Wants a curve...can't wait for 9/07 when TMO comes out w/ their 8320 (the 8800 is good but...)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

scout0861 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine's in the mail...can hardly wait. LOVE reading reminders of how great BB's are.