What does the backup save? Does it save all my programs and messages and so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Raz0r-X no está en línea Stack level 2

The backup function in desktop manager

Advertisement

What does the backup save? Does it save all my programs and messages and so on? Or what exactly does it save?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: The backup function in desktop manager

It should back up everything... The only problem I have ever encountered with the backup is that it doesn't like to back up my bbm contacts.

LarryH no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: The backup function in desktop manager

To the best of my knowledge it does not back up 3rd party applications. There's a tip on how to do that Here. On my 8300 which is setup through BES, I find that the backup/restore function is almost useless. Because of BES, I really don't need email, contacts, tasks and memo backed up since they're on the Exchange server. I suppose, if I want some other message databases like SMS (or somesuch) it would do that. I hear that some phone options/settings will be backed up and restored.

But I lose almost everything else like Browser Bookmarks, etc. which take forever to recreate. Every time I've wiped my BB and tried to use restore, I've found it pretty much useless. I think it's much better when you're using BIS because it will restore your email, contact, memos, etc. message databases.

http://www.drinkswithlarryandlauren.com