Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wow, RIM really hit it with this phone. I love it. Feels great in thy ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

The 8900 is AMAZING...

Advertisement

Wow, RIM really hit it with this phone. I love it. Feels great in thy hand and the screen just blows my mind STILL. I just keep staring at the pictures on it. Mine has no creeks or sqeeks or any indication of poor build quality. Box says date was: 150109(Wouldn't that be 15th day, January, 2009?). I'm still running into a few issues with apps that aren't for 4.6 YET and finding some great new ones too. My 8,900,000 shipped with ~120mb of free memory which just rocks. Thinking about taking off all the stock IM clients since I use JiveTalk..Everywhere I go MOSTLY I have Wi-Fi but the the EDGE definately seems to be a hair faster than on my 8120 or 8320.

So guys, was THIS device worth all the hype? This is the berry of berries IMO. The bold was a TAD too big for my taste, and I am kinda partial to my TMO plan pricing. Besides 3G in the middle of Oklahoma might happen by...Oh 2020? LOL

WE NEED THEMES!!! :-)

Blaine

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up

That's great news Meh! I can't wait to get mine!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 01-29-2009 at 04:53 AM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    Wow, RIM really hit it with this phone. I love it. Feels great in thy hand and the screen just blows my mind STILL. I just keep staring at the pictures on it. Mine has no creeks or sqeeks or any indication of poor build quality. Box says date was: 150109(Wouldn't that be 15th day, January, 2009?). I'm still running into a few issues with apps that aren't for 4.6 YET and finding some great new ones too. My 8,900,000 shipped with ~120mb of free memory which just rocks. Thinking about taking off all the stock IM clients since I use JiveTalk..Everywhere I go MOSTLY I have Wi-Fi but the the EDGE definately seems to be a hair faster than on my 8120 or 8320.

So guys, was THIS device worth all the hype? This is the berry of berries IMO. The bold was a TAD too big for my taste, and I am kinda partial to my TMO plan pricing. Besides 3G in the middle of Oklahoma might happen by...Oh 2020? LOL

WE NEED THEMES!!! :-)

Blaine
    Congratulations on your new 8900!
    I am very glad to hear that its built well and seems to exceed your expectations.
    If RIM would have done as well with the Bold & Storm they would be a lot better off for it.

~via Android Powered Agora Pro ~
    Last edited by archer6; 01-29-2009 at 04:57 AM.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Congratulations on your new 8900!
    I am very glad to hear that its built well and seems to exceed your expectations.
    If RIM would have done as well with the Bold & Storm they would be a lot better off for it.

Ah see I know Archer had 1,000,000 Bolds but I have had only 3 and all three of them I have loved more than any other phone.

ANY including the 3 8900s that I have already been through.

I must say that the build on it is excellent and it's a well thought out device but I can't get used to the buttons around the trackball. I find them too stiff.

And the spacing on the keypad is just a little too cramped for me. When they come out with a Bold sized device built like the 8900, only then will I find my BlackBerry Utopia! ;-)

I'm glad you like yours though. Congrats on an excellent purchase!
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Well worth the wait and hassle I had to go through to get it...Im sure some of you read about what happened to me in another thread but here goes again: My phone was scheduled to be delivered with UPS on the 27th of January. Long story short the facility UPS delivers to my little town of about ~30K to is ~45 minutes away approximately. Anyway my phone was OUT all day for delivery. I WAS THRILLED. The UPS guy usually delivers my area from about 3pm to 5pm. Well I checked tracking about 4pm and at ~3:30 due to inclimate weather my delivery had been rescheduled to the 28th. As soon as I seen that I called UPS and got the run around about having somebody call me back and I had to call back and almost get irritated. Anywhoo in Oklahoma its been snowy/icy/sleety etc. So I drove TWO AND A HALF HOURS to the neighboring town was to UPS facility where my phone was. I had received a voicemail at 5 something from someone at the facility saying no big deal if I wished to come get it I could. Of course UPS numbers in house you cannot return the calls...I get to the facility exhausted and MAD. I wouldn't have went and got it BUT the next day I wouldn't have been home to sign, nor anyone else for that matter, and my neighbors well :-/ But I get their and my package is NO where to be found. They're calling people going crazy. Somebody UPS package from TMO was placed on a desk for holding but it wasn't mine. Mind you this place has been closed well over a hour now. Well to end this blunt, the package on the table WAS indeed mine..Oh lord. And while they were "looking" they were giving me the run around saying if it was in some trailer they couldn't get it yatta yatta and there was nothing I could do. As politely as possible I informed them of my situation, that I had just drived two hours and I was NOT leaving without my phone. I got my phone, the story ended good. I thought it was a dang episode of Punked or something though. My blood pressure was so high..I'm only 19 but I had to of been as close to dying as I have ever been.

Anyway guys thanks. And I hope you enjoy yours Drew. Archer, it really is a shame that they didn't get it together for those other two. sigh. I read a lot of your post and try to indulge your knowledge. But I agree with you on many things. They WAY jumped the gun with the storm. In either case, I am the little guy in the background rooting for ya Archer..LOL

Woo my fat fingers are wore out now!
    Last edited by Meh!; 01-29-2009 at 05:08 AM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    Well worth the wait and hassle I had to go through to get it...Im sure some of you read about what happened to me in another thread but here goes again: My phone was scheduled to be delivered with UPS on the 27th of January. Long story short the facility UPS delivers to my little town of about ~30K to is ~45 minutes away approximately. Anyway my phone was OUT all day for delivery. I WAS THRILLED. The UPS guy usually delivers my area from about 3pm to 5pm. Well I checked tracking about 4pm and at ~3:30 due to inclimate weather my delivery had been rescheduled to the 28th. As soon as I seen that I called UPS and got the run around about having somebody call me back and I had to call back and almost get irritated. Anywhoo in Oklahoma its been snowy/icy/sleety etc. So I drove TWO AND A HALF HOURS to the neighboring town was to UPS facility where my phone was. I had received a voicemail at 5 something from someone at the facility saying no big deal if I wished to come get it I could. Of course UPS numbers in house you cannot return the calls...I get to the facility exhausted and MAD. I wouldn't have went and got it BUT the next day I wouldn't have been home to sign, nor anyone else for that matter, and my neighbors well :-/ But I get their and my package is NO where to be found. They're calling people going crazy. Somebody UPS package from TMO was placed on a desk for holding but it wasn't mine. Mind you this place has been closed well over a hour now. Well to end this blunt, the package on the table WAS indeed mine..Oh lord. And while they were "looking" they were giving me the run around saying if it was in some trailer they couldn't get it yatta yatta and there was nothing I could do. As politely as possible I informed them of my situation, that I had just drived two hours and I was NOT leaving without my phone. I got my phone, the story ended good. I thought it was a dang episode of Punked or something though. My blood pressure was so high..I'm only 19 but I had to of been as close to dying as I have ever been.

Anyway guys thanks. And I hope you enjoy yours Drew. Archer, it really is a shame that they didn't get it together for those other two. sigh. I read a lot of your post and try to indulge your knowledge. But I agree with you on many things. They WAY jumped the gun with the storm. In either case, I am the little guy in the background rooting for ya Archer..LOL

Woo my fat fingers are wore out now!
    Wow! What a story!

You should get the patience and perseverance award of the month, for all you went through. Now after I've read your story I'm even happier it turned out so great for you. There is a lot to be said for having a positive attitude as you demonstrated. It's nice to hear a story end where the good guy wins!

Cheers ....

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Wow! What a story!

You should get the patience and perseverance award of the month, for all you went through. Now after I've read your story I'm even happier it turned out so great for you. There is a lot to be said for having a positive attitude as you demonstrated. It's nice to hear a story end where the good guy wins!

Cheers ....

Thanks mate! The reward of getting to play with the phone soon made the majority of the bad memories fade lol.

Blaine

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Definitely agree Blaine. If I had to describe the 8900, in terms of solid build quality feel, it takes me back to my 8700 of old (and makes me smile they share a build # name over "the Curve 2"). It definitely was worth the wait and is a shining example of when RIM wants to hit its stride, they can strut with the best of them. There is always room for improvement in terms of OS and build e.g. usb placement (I like to type while it charges), memory card placement (how tough is that thing to come out?!) and auto focus (disable option?), but overall, I am in love with this phone and have to knit pick for complaints.

Jim B, I take back what I said in another thread, you're re invited to my birthday party.. but watch those snotty comments, bud. I can change my mind faster than you can say "isthataninja??"

ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    Congrats, the 8900 looks like a great device. I would get one if I wasn't addicted to the 3g on my bold.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I love my new 8900. One thing I really like about the new curve is that RIM included the rubber side panels like they used in the old curve. I could not tell if they were being used on the 8900 from the pictures I had seen. When I first opened the box to briefly check it over, I was very happy to see the rubber side panels. I was even more excited to get a phone with a tight battery cover, smooth and even keys which feel firm to the touch(no noticeable wobbles) , and a chrome bezel that has more of a dull or matte finish rather than a shiny and super reflective finish(like on the pearl 8120). These first impressions were from holding the 8900 with the stickers still in place for only five minutes before I drove home to charge the battery.

Once I had the battery charged , I sat down and proceeded to become more familiar with my new communications device. I was blown away by the beautifully clear and bright screen, the fast OS, impressive browser(many steps above the pearl 8120's pre-4.5 os browser), the much improved scroll ball, and the solid yet lightweight(not feather light) feel of the 8900 while in my hand. There are too many incredible aspects about the 8900 for me to list in this post. I'm positive that there are many more aspects about the 8900 that I have yet to discover.

Appearing to be trouble free, and with what is looking like a very solid and flawless build design straight out of the box, the new curve 8900 might end up becoming the best phone I have ever owned.

Everyone who is ordering this phone should definitely be psyched.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 01-29-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Yes the 8900 is def sleek and sexy! The buttons are def much, much quiter. The screen is awesome and videos shows up cool. In case anyone is wondering I put an entire movie on my 8900 in 3gpp format and it works like a charm. Congrats to everyone that received theirs I'm going to have this berry for a long time. Oh I also called my local T-Mo store to see if they had any cases for it. Here's my convo "hello thanks for calling tmobile this is roger how can I help you?" "Hi roger I am calling to see if you have any cases for the Blackberry 8900?" "The 8900?" "Yes" "its not out yet, how did you get it, are you a business customer?" "No, they just put my order thru." "Congratulations" "Thanks" "Oh okay well we don't have any cases for it unless you can try the 8320 cases to see if it would work, but you'd have to come in and try it out. "Ok thanks" my 8900 hung up lol

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Congrats, I know youre enjoying it. I was going to hold out for the 8900, but I couldnt resist the Bold. Ive still got two more upgrades coming though-LOL.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Totaly agree!!! Couldn't wait to toss my 8320! 8900 is the superman version of the Curve.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8900 - 4.6.1.133 BETA
    T-Mobile Pearl 8220 Flip - 4.6.0.200
    [heavycomponents3@aim.com]

Now a days the new name for "cell phone" is "Blackberry"!

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Dammit, I'm jealous!! No, seriously....congrats to those who got them early---13 days and counting....

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    As aforementioned by you guys, the charging port location... It is indeed terrible, but SOMEHOW I've already got used to still holding it with my right hand while plugged in. Kinda liking it now actually. Run cord/charger between index and middle finger. Kinda gives me a "hold" on phone. Obviously can't hold it by it but I'm used to it now. All the pluses in this device far outweigh the cons.

Thanks for the kind words guys, and as always... Happy Stacking(just don't stack too high lol).

Blaine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast