Ok just got my curve 8300 and i tried to text my girl. She didnt ... BlackBerry Curve forum

WOODS1986 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Texting with curve..Help

Advertisement

Ok just got my curve 8300 and i tried to text my girl. She didnt recieve any of my text msg's and I couldnt receive any from her. I could text on my last phone and i have the $30.00 media thing.

I tried both types of messeging SMS and MMS i think it is..

thanks for your help

Jeff
    ~~Rockin The Blackberry 8300~~
    Any good places to get themes and rings pm me!!!!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Texting with curve..Help

I would contact my provider if I was you. But you can also try, deleting all service book, reboot your device, then log into your BIS and resend all your service book.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Don't know what to tell ya. Conact your at&t rep and have him/her check out your account.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    I would contact my provider if I was you. But you can also try, deleting all service book, reboot your device, then log into your BIS and resend all your service book.
    Hopefully its not that serious. Just call AT&T and make sure the correct featrure is attached. If the wrong feature is on your account, you won't be able to do anything sms or mms wise.....BB's are very picky that way....

Gsscws no está en línea Stack level 1

This happened to me when I first started with the $29.99 BIS plan. Just tell the ATT rep that you want to turn on pay per message for SMS.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by WOODS1986
    Ok just got my curve 8300 and i tried to text my girl. She didnt recieve any of my text msg's and I couldnt receive any from her. I could text on my last phone and i have the $30.00 media thing.

I tried both types of messeging SMS and MMS i think it is..

thanks for your help

Jeff
    The 29.99 BIS Package doesn't include any sms or mms messaging. That's why it's not working. At minimum you need to have pay per use sms and mms messaging turned on, If you're going to be doing a lot of texting you can add on a package. You can either add on a stand alone text package or up your BlackBerry plan to the 39.99 BIS Personal Max package which includes 1500 sms/mms/im messages.

Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Gsscws
    This happened to me when I first started with the $29.99 BIS plan. Just tell the ATT rep that you want to turn on pay per message for SMS.
    Ok so i called the at&t provider, i added 200 txt msg's for 4.99 to my account , and still couldn't send or recieve messeges, after trying a few things with the tech he still couldnt help to get it to work, now i have a case number and he said it would take like two days till its fixed and they would cal me( yeh right!) so now im sorta pissed

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

resend your service books. I never call ATT I always walk into the store and make sure they fix it right then and there or give me a replacement.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    resend your service books. I never call ATT I always walk into the store and make sure they fix it right then and there or give me a replacement.
    Yeh i know im way more of a face to face sorta person but hey.....its working now..

At&t may have impressed me a lil

thanks to all for the suggestions