I've had my blackberry curve 8300 for a while now, since it came out, and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Texting Problem

Advertisement

I've had my blackberry curve 8300 for a while now, since it came out, and used to have a sony Erickson walkman phone (i forget which one). When i got my blackberry they made me get a new sim card and since then I havent been receiving all my text mgs. I get all texts from other att users, but only SOME texts from others (verizon and T-mo being the ones i know forsure) I do recieve texts from some ppl on verizon and t-mo, but forsome reason I dont from other friends who have verizon or t-mo. I have called att multiples times and they all say the same thing, "theres nothing wrong with your setup, theres has to be something wrong on the other carriers/persons phone"

This doesnt solve my problem...and is really irritating when i miss important texts and people get mad that I didnt awnser them or w.e

anyone have the same problem?

ALSO

is there a way of receiving a picture text without having to go to the website sent in a txt and put in the username and pass it brings? its a pain to have to do that everytime lol.

thanks in advance

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    You are on at&t?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Yeah sorry i should have mentioned that.

I am with AT&T

btw sry for the last response...i wasnt expecting anyone to awnser that fast. lol
    Last edited by puertoricokris; 11-17-2008 at 08:51 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Also I don't receive from SOME ppl with sprint...so again it has to be an ATT prob...anyone have any idea on whayt I can do to solve this problem? Thanks~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Get someone to send an SMS to your email address , like any normal email will have a reply option , then you attach picture and send , its all on their end at that point .

On a side note SMS is an old technology , try to advise them to get a blackberry lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    lol yeah...but alot of ppl still use sms...cavemen i know. But its really annoying me how over 50% of the people that try and text me can't. I can text them, but I wont recieve theirs when they reply.

as for the picture msgs...i ment recieving. When i recieve a picture msg, i actually recieve a SMS with a link, a login name, and a password. then i have to go to that webpage and type in the username and password to see the picture...i dont see why i cant just see it directly from the text message.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbapho View Post
    Get someone to send an SMS to your email address , like any normal email will have a reply option , then you attach picture and send , its all on their end at that point .

On a side note SMS is an old technology , try to advise them to get a blackberry lol

SMS to email address?

Hmm. I would suggest you getting someone to MMS you instead. When someone MMS's me, I usually open it up like I would a text message and voila, the picture is right there. Also, if your MMS does not work, you could try sending yourself two MMS, opening them and that should do the trick.

As for your text messages, I think you may have to alter your settings if they've already been altered. (I'm currently using a bold so I don't know the exact settings on the Curve, but I am on AT&T.) If you go to Options>SMS Text, you should be able to change your settings. Right now, I have the following settings:

Data Coding: 7 bit
    Service Center: +13123149810
    Network to Send Over: Circuit Switched

As for your MMS, make sure you change the settings to always for the following two. (Options>MMS)

Multimedia Reception: Always
    Automatic Retrieval: Always

Quote Originally Posted by puertoricokris View Post
    lol yeah...but alot of ppl still use sms...cavemen i know. But its really annoying me how over 50% of the people that try and text me can't. I can text them, but I wont recieve theirs when they reply.

as for the picture msgs...i ment recieving. When i recieve a picture msg, i actually recieve a SMS with a link, a login name, and a password. then i have to go to that webpage and type in the username and password to see the picture...i dont see why i cant just see it directly from the text message.
    Hmm, sometimes when my friend sends me a message from his sprint email address, I have to open up a link. I suppose it matters how your friend sends you the message (whether it be a normal text message, a MMS or email picture message).

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Is it viewmymessage.com ATT usually has plenty issues with that website and accessing mms messages , and to above who quoted me , mms is also an old techology , it uses SMS as backend , where as email you get permanent copy ! and no real handycap as far as amount you can transfer !

Quote Originally Posted by kingbapho View Post
    Is it viewmymessage.com ATT usually has plenty issues with that website and accessing mms messages , and to above who quoted me , mms is also an old techology , it uses SMS as backend , where as email you get permanent copy ! and no real handycap as far as amount you can transfer !

Thanks for that info.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks demon and king.

I checked my SMS settings and they are the same as yours demon...i also checked the MMS settings and they are both to always.

I dont know what to do lol...i guess my phone is just getting old, because today the battery died on me within 3 hours of pulling it off the charger (i was using beejive, but thats never happened to me before).

I dont wanna buy a bold, because im waiting for the storm (might take a year)...but im going to have to get a new phone Im going to call ATT and hopefully work something out for another curve or something. this sucks lol

Quote Originally Posted by puertoricokris View Post
    Thanks demon and king.

I checked my SMS settings and they are the same as yours demon...i also checked the MMS settings and they are both to always.

I dont know what to do lol...i guess my phone is just getting old, because today the battery died on me within 3 hours of pulling it off the charger (i was using beejive, but thats never happened to me before).

I dont wanna buy a bold, because im waiting for the storm (might take a year)...but im going to have to get a new phone Im going to call ATT and hopefully work something out for another curve or something. this sucks lol
    BeeJive/JiveTalk totally drains my battery when I was using the curve. You may want to also check to see how much memory you have. I don't know if memory could be a problem, but sometimes, when BB's malfunction, a lack of memory could be the issue. Try holding down the left alt, left shift and H. If your file free is less than or roughly around 16mb, you may need to delete some of your emails, the preloaded wallpapers that came with your bb (if you don't use those) and the sample video that came with your phone.

Hopefully you're still under the manufacturer warranty (1 year from the date of purchase, I believe). Good luck.

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    i had this problem with my rogers pearl i called them and they refreshed or reset something.. just call att and tell them to refresh/provision your account

PIN/ID
    ask
    alright will try it tomorrow. Thanks