hello all on some phones when texting the word or words come up and then ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jimazzarella1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24536d42

texting

Advertisement

hello all

on some phones when texting the word or words come up and then you pick one does the 8310 have this

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2
    No, but you can use autotext to get similar results - options | autotext - some entries already exist and you can add your own... also good for multiple signatures e.g. zz = your home email, your hone phone and xx = your work email etc... also see device autotext e.g. mynumber will enter your BB phone number and myver will return your device and OS version)... hope this helps.
    OB - 8310 AT&T

gilly5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Use autotext or try vilingo

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Why would you want T9? That is why we have a full keyboard.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can always turn on spell check email before sending or if you have are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.6, turning on the Check Spelling As You Type option underlines unrecognized words as you type. When you click on an underlined word, a list of suggested words appears. You can then replace or ignore the word, or add the word to your custom dictionary.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    This is available on the Pearl (SureType) but is not available on the Curve. There is a full keyboard so it's a bit redundant...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

jimazzarella1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24536d42
    Thanks a lot I will try the autotext but when I spell a word wrong sometimes the spellchecker doesn't pick it up. I'm running 4.5 or maybe I have something turned off. Thanks again ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wastegate13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249f1af9
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    This is available on the Pearl (SureType) but is not available on the Curve. There is a full keyboard so it's a bit redundant...

I tried out a Nokia E71 for a few days and it had the predictive text. Even with a full QWERTY it is a very handy feature to have, tap out a few letters and hit space to insert the full word. If S60 had the smoothness and intuitiveness of the BB OS I would still be using that phone. It didn't quite function the way I wanted it to but my god was it gorgeous.