Ok, so I've had this thing for about a week now. No thanks to the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

swtlysfawn no está en línea Stack level 1

Texting

Advertisement

Ok, so I've had this thing for about a week now. No thanks to the instruction manual, I did manage to figure out how to set personalized ringtones and finally-how to get them to work, but I have yet to discover how to set them to text messaging. Does anyone know? Or are the 'beep'and vibrate my only options for my MMS/SMS inbox?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    welcome to pintack swtlysfawn

by default, the sms tone will be the same as your voicemail tone.

someone told me you could set up profile exceptions for people, and i was hoping it included sms but i have never got it to work.

Any idea how to change the voivemail tone then maybe? LMAO I feel useless!

Quote Originally Posted by swtlysfawn View Post
    Any idea how to change the voicemail* tone then maybe? LMAO I feel useless!
    Yeah, so I can't type today either, sorry!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can click "Edit" in the bottom right corner of your previous post to fix a mistake or add additional info.

You can also change the MMS & SMS tones but you cannot setup individual MMS/SMS tones for an individual.

Welcome to the "Stacks"...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by swtlysfawn View Post
    Any idea how to change the voivemail tone then maybe? LMAO I feel useless!
    Go to you click on your "profiles" icon and scroll to advanced and select. Highlight the profile you want to edit, hit the blackberry key then select edit. It will bring up all the things you can set ringers for.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Go to you click on your "profiles" icon and scroll to advanced and select. Highlight the profile you want to edit, hit the blackberry key then select edit. It will bring up all the things you can set ringers for.
    I actually figured out how to do it this morning. I don't like that you can't set individual ringtones for MMS/SMS messages from callers like I could on my RAZR, but oh well. This phone rocks regardless!! Thanks everyone!!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hello I had this same question about a month ago. it turns out that you can do it it just takes some work.

All you need to do is set up another profile with the ring tone you want for that person or group of people.

(just in case... go to your profiles menu, it will have like loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, etc. etc. when you go to edit one of those it will contain the information that says what tones are used for your browser, calander, level 1 messages, your E-mails, messenger, phone, SMS txt, and tasks)
    so you either need to edit one of those profile settings you never use or make a new one and name it after that person or group of people (menu\edit or menu\new profile) Enter in what tones you want used for that person\group of people and the save it.

next make a new exception (menu\new exception) when you make the exception name it after the person you are making it for then select that person as the from contact. Then you have the option of what profile to use, choose the one you just created, and set a custom ring tone for phone calls there (or if left blank it will use the phone tone you set up in your profile) save that and your all set.

it will now use that exception for when that person calls you or TXT's you or E-mails you (does not work for the blackberry messenger as that is not run through your phone book)
    also be aware if you already have an exception set up for that person delete it as the phone will use the first exception it can find for the person trying to cantact you. this worked for me and hopefully will help you. let me know if you need any help with this. It's pretty cool but to do alot of people this way it will take up time so start with a couple at first and work from there. anyway hope this helped.
    -Luciferseamus

msflipflop no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you Luciferseamus for the the help!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah not a problem at all.
    I was really glad when I found the answer and I think everyone should know how to do it. Hope it works for everyone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Luciferseamus you hit the proverbial nail on the head for many who have wanted that answer. Trust to you for your brief explanation. Kudos

Thank you very much misterrx I have to thank pashan here because he helped me with this a couple of weeks ago. I just want everyone to know how great this phone is, and how much it can do. Hope this helps lots of people.and thank you for the trust.
    -Luciferseamus

usmcangel no está en línea Stack level 2
    quick question on this. i tried it and it worked. except when i went to vibrate during work oops that other profile stayed alert. is there any way to make it not use the exception when on vibrate? thanks
    Stasha

no unfortunately not an exception is just that, an exception to the current rule, or profile in this case.

you would have to un check all of the exceptions in order for your phone to only vibrate when in vibrate.

I know weak right
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey