I've tried numerous times to text a vote on different television polls, to no avail. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3

Text Voting?

Advertisement

I've tried numerous times to text a vote on different television polls, to no avail. For example, text the letter "A" to 123456. How do you do this? Does your carrier have to support text voting. I have unlimited text messaging within the U.S.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    CLick on you SMS/MMS icon, the address book will display. Scroll to the top and click on "use once" and go from there. Hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The number "123456" is like the phone number. "A" would be the body of the text message. Doing that should work just fine, it does for me.

Thanks guys. I've done that quite a few times, but it doesn't work for me. I think I'll just check with Cellular South to see if they support this.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I looked back on an old SMS message where I tried to vote.
    It gave me (SMS error 96 message I'd 20). Any idea what that means?

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    most television voting etc is based on certain carriers, they will either state for AT&T or Verizon etc handsets, make sure you fall under that guideline.

the error you received is prob from your provider not supporting texts to that certain string of numbers...thats just my guess
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    most television voting etc is based on certain carriers, they will either state for AT&T or Verizon etc handsets, make sure you fall under that guideline.

the error you received is prob from your provider not supporting texts to that certain string of numbers...thats just my guess
    This is correct. If its a text vote sports or other things sponsered by a carrier you can only vote if they are your service provider. Most all news shows like fox,cnn,cbs are not carrier specific as well as dancing with the stars and so on.

Thanks for the input guys. That's what I figured. I tried to vote on Fox News, but it didn't list a carrier. I'll just contact my carrier. Thanks again.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. That's what I figured. I tried to vote on Fox News, but it didn't list a carrier. I'll just contact my carrier. Thanks again.
    Fox should be any carrier so if its not working I would check with your provider for sure.