I sent messages on Sunday & didn't receive any until I alt/cap/del this afternoon. All ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brnangl528 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Text Messages Gone!!

Advertisement

I sent messages on Sunday & didn't receive any until I alt/cap/del this afternoon. All old text messages (sent & received had disappeared) The only thing diff I did was download free songs. Any idea what happened or how I can retrieve the missing texts? Thanks ya'll! You're all the best
    Love my addiction :)

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Text Messages Gone!!

Did you put the songs onto your phone or onto your SD card? If you put them on your phone, chances are you've filled up your internal memory and thats why the logs have deleted.

You'll need to move songs, ringtones, and pics over to an SD card (if you haven't already) and do some other memory management techniques in order to help it out.

This thread is in the 8100 Pearl forum, but it has some stuff in it that you can use on a Curve, too.
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 10-08-2007 at 11:40 PM.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ah I see. I saved it 2 my phone b/c I haven't bought an SD card yet. I have deleted songs in my media file, but the names r still there. Would my text msgs stop b/c my memory was full?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah they could, but once you free up that memory they should come through without a problem. They stay on the servers for 72 hours before being disposed of

PIN/ID

No sign of them yet. Should I delete more? I went a little song happy.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well go to your home screen hold "alt+shift". And then hit "H". And down at the bottom it should give you your free space and total space. Go off of that

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lol I fell for that alt+caps+delete. I did not know about that. I was using softreset. Not anymore.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what does the alt+shift+delete do? Do you have to do it in the messages screen? I'm not the greatest with shortcuts and stuff...lol... Sorry I'm asking such a stupid question. I prolly sound retarded

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lol be glad you didn't figure it out like me. Ok I'm cruising the stacks here and I read this post. I saw messages and this keyboard short cut. So I'm thinking like maybe its a shortcut to reconcile messages or something. Wrong. It re boots your bb like doing a battery pull. Its the alt button on the left side, the right caps button, and the delete (or backspace) key. Do it from the home screen. So I had to wait the time it takes for the bb to power up and the fully connect to EDGE and UMA before I could get back on here and post.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well go to your home screen hold "alt+shift". And then hit "H". And down at the bottom it should give you your free space and total space. Go off of that
    Sorry but which shift r U talking about? Right or left? I tried both & no success.

Ya alt/shift/delete is just like a batt pull. My "snap on snap off" easy case is a pain 2 get off. It's my only option.