I've recently signed up for a couple of services (YouMail, which is very cool, by ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Text Message Questions

Advertisement

I've recently signed up for a couple of services (YouMail, which is very cool, by the way and eVite), both of which were to have sent me a text message with a PIN code of some sort for validation.

I requested the code a couple of times for both services, but never did receive the text message. Any idea why?

What form of text message would these be? SMS?

I have texts and e-mails set up to go to separate folders and thought maybe it was going to the main messages folder (which I have hidden), but there's nothing there. While I have the unlimited data plan, I know these types of messages are not included. I don't have any text messaging plan, but can I not still send and receive text messages? Is it not then charged on a per message basis or has that changed?

So, to paraphrase, in what format do these types of message come in and why am I not receiving them?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Roger

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    A lot of sites give you the option to receive those invite items as SMS or email - I love youmail by the way- you should check to see if you can enter your BB email if you are having probs with SMS option

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I have YouMail as well...it's nice, but sometimes I do not get my text messages. I think it is an issue w/YouMail, as I get all my other emails and messages. As far as the type of txt, yes it is SMS. I usually get 2 messages form you mail, one to email and one to sms folder.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    I have YouMail as well...it's nice, but sometimes I do not get my text messages. I think it is an issue w/YouMail, as I get all my other emails and messages. As far as the type of txt, yes it is SMS. I usually get 2 messages form you mail, one to email and one to sms folder.
    Yes, I have that all set up to send me my messages via e-mail, but when first signing up for these accounts, they wanted to send a confirmation message to the cell via SMS, but I never got those texts and am wondering why.

Thanks guys.