I've recently signed up for a couple of services (YouMail, which is very cool, by ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries

Text Message Questions

I've recently signed up for a couple of services (YouMail, which is very cool, by the way and eVite), both of which were to have sent me a text message with a PIN code of some sort for validation.

I requested the code a couple of times for both services, but never did receive the text message. Any idea why?

What form of text message would these be? SMS?

I have texts and e-mails set up to go to separate folders and thought maybe it was going to the main messages folder (which I have hidden), but there's nothing there. While I have the unlimited data plan, I know these types of messages are not included. I don't have any text messaging plan, but can I not still send and receive text messages? Is it not then charged on a per message basis or has that changed?

So, to paraphrase, in what format do these types of message come in and why am I not receiving them?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Roger
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Blog Entries
    A lot of sites give you the option to receive those invite items as SMS or email - I love youmail by the way- you should check to see if you can enter your BB email if you are having probs with SMS option

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Blog Entries
    I have YouMail as well...it's nice, but sometimes I do not get my text messages. I think it is an issue w/YouMail, as I get all my other emails and messages. As far as the type of txt, yes it is SMS. I usually get 2 messages form you mail, one to email and one to sms folder.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    I have YouMail as well...it's nice, but sometimes I do not get my text messages. I think it is an issue w/YouMail, as I get all my other emails and messages. As far as the type of txt, yes it is SMS. I usually get 2 messages form you mail, one to email and one to sms folder.
    Yes, I have that all set up to send me my messages via e-mail, but when first signing up for these accounts, they wanted to send a confirmation message to the cell via SMS, but I never got those texts and am wondering why.

Thanks guys.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained