My wife recently switched from years of using a Palm to a Blackberry Curve 8310. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Text Message Application Question...

Advertisement

My wife recently switched from years of using a Palm to a Blackberry Curve 8310. While she agrees that the Blackberry is much more user friendly and has many more usages and opportunities over the Palm there are a few old habits that she is finding hard to break free from with "Palm-itis".

The main complaint that I am continually hearing is, "There should be an application that would allow text messaging 'conversations' just like the Palm." The "conversations" that she is referring to are comparitive to the way that Instant Messenger programs allow a trailing conversation with each person that she texts with. The Palm has that feature and she would be 100% pleased with Blackberry if I could locate such an application.

We all know..."If Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy!" LOL

Although I don't particularly care for that type of texting conversation I always strive to please her.

Thanks for all the help.

iLord is DEAD!

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    It looks like the SMS viewer that is in Private Beta might be the best for her if she likes that/ Keep an eye out for the public beta that should be coming soon.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Will it post here or app world or both?

iLord is DEAD!

D-Roc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Check appworld for an app called 3jam Text Messaging... A few bugs aside (it doesn't make your messages "read" after reading them in the program) it is probably exactly what you are lookin for, I dl'd it the other day and fell in love looks and operates similar to bbm.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Check appworld for an app called 3jam Text Messaging... A few bugs aside (it doesn't make your messages "read" after reading them in the program) it is probably exactly what you are lookin for, I dl'd it the other day and fell in love looks and operates similar to bbm.
    Thanks D-Roc, I will have her DL and give it a whirl.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    That sounds pretty nice. What's the price like?

The SMS viewer will probably open Public beta on Pinstack since they are in Private Beta here as well.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

D-Roc no está en línea Stack level 1
    The app is priced at $10 (I think) but I downloaded the free trial to give it a go and that seems to work fine, I'm not sure if this is just a "lite version" b/c everytime you start a new convo and ad for them pops up and that may explain the un-opened messages too.. But all in all even if this trial runs out I'm definately buyin it, and I am the epitome of "if I can find it free why pay for it?" Lol

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    You can also go to Opions>sms text and set history to 10 or 20. It will show that history of the converstion when you open the current sms. And its free! It may not be fancy but its only a text message.