How do I tether my Curve with my laptop. Where would I find the software ... BlackBerry Curve forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Tethering my Curve

Advertisement

How do I tether my Curve with my laptop. Where would I find the software to do this if needed? Thx

jerfusmc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244afda4

Lightbulb

Who is your carrier? For Att I know it is an added service you have to pay for on your wireless bill, and not worth it. If you are in a 3G area you might as well by an air card and use it, for practically the same price you would pay for the tethering service. A 3G aircard, in my opinion, is comparable to having WIFI... everywhere!

When I had TMO, I had called and asked for blackberry support and they had a professional walk me through it over the phone, sadly there is no pdf or anything. But atleast that was free, as long as you had a data plan...
    Lcpl. Jeff Franck
    USMC

IT/ Broadcast Engineer

8310 ATT

8100 TMO

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    My carrier is Sprint and tethering is included in the BB plan I have.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    244afda4

Lightbulb http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp3164.xml?docid=4642&navtypeid=6&pagetypeid=

How do I use my phone as a modem?
    div#shArticleTitle{ display: none; margin: 0; } How do I use my phone as a modem?

NOTE:
    These instructions have general information on using your phone as a modem. The instructions for your device may vary. For the specific settings required, refer to the user guide for your phone. Service may require a password.
    NOTE:
    To use your phone as a modem, it is required that you have the Unlimited Data Plan for Phone as Modem. For more information about the Unlimited Data Plan for Phone as Modem, go to What is the Unlimited Data Plan for Phone as Modem?
    To use your phone as a modem, perform the following steps:
    1. Verify that you meet the requirements to use your phone as a modem. To view the requirements, go to Can I use my phone as a modem? 2. From your computer’s existing Internet connection, go to Software Downloads, and download the Sprint PCS Connection Manager software for Phone as Modem. The software and drivers can be downloaded free of charge.3. Double-click the downloaded file, and follow the onscreen instructions to install the Sprint PCS Connection Manager software and the drivers for your phone.4. Set the phone to modem mode.5. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable or Bluetooth connection. Your computer will detect the connection, and an icon will appear in your system tray.6. Make sure the roaming setting on your phone is set to Sprint Only. If the phone accesses a roaming cell site, an error code may be returned when you attempt to connect. 7. Launch the Sprint PCS Connection Manager software, select a profile, and click Connect.NOTE:
    If you are unable to connect, you might have to turn Web Access restrictions off from the Web. To learn how, go to How do I turn Web Access restrictions on or off from the Web?
    8. Once the connection is established, you can launch an Internet session, check your email, or do anything else you would do using a traditional data connection.9. To terminate the data connection, double-click the Sprint PCS Connection Manager icon in the system tray, and then click Disconnect.NOTE:
    While your data connection is active, you will not be able to receive incoming calls. All incoming calls will be forwarded to your Sprint PCS Voicemail. Placing an outgoing call during a data session terminates the data connection.
    sp3164
    Lcpl. Jeff Franck
    USMC

IT/ Broadcast Engineer

8310 ATT

8100 TMO

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Thank you! The Stack is an awesome place and I appreciate the assistance provided.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    244afda4

Smile

I hope that helps, Im new to stack but not blackberry

when something beats me, i beat it with stack or google
    Lcpl. Jeff Franck
    USMC

IT/ Broadcast Engineer

8310 ATT

8100 TMO