Does tethering on a Curve 8310 on att charges apart,or it uses ur unlimited plan ... BlackBerry Curve forum

noktamvulo no está en línea Stack level 1

Does tethering on a Curve 8310 on att charges apart,or it uses ur unlimited plan data?

Advertisement

Does tethering on a Curve 8310 on att charges apart,or it uses ur unlimited plan data?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Does tethering on a Curve 8310 on att charges apart,or it uses ur unlimited plan data?

Tethering officially requires a tethering plan on at&t in order not to incur additional charges. Their unlimited BB plan is for data from the BB only. Unofficially, people have tethered and gotten away with it but I personally wouldn't chance it.

Zo

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Does tethering on a Curve 8310 on att charges apart,or it uses ur unlimited plan data?

You need a special data plan on AT&T to tether a BB

So if I'm reading your question right, the answer is no it isnot covered in your unltd plan unless you have the tethering option
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

so if i tether they would charge me?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

If they want to, they will charge you since you are using your data plan for using services that aren't included in your plan.
    You can try it if you want to, just remember, ATT has the right to charge you per kb for tethering if they choose to.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

how they will find out? did u know someone that has been charged?

75stripes no está en línea Stack level 1

Well, you shouldn't be able to tether w/o a tethering plan b/c you wouldn't have the right access point on your account in the network. Tethering plans provision the correct access point on the network. It's not so much that AT&T can charge you for overuse, but the fact that they can terminate you as a customer for violating the terms of your contract. Yes, they can do it, but I've never heard of it happening, personally. They, can look at your average data use and if it exceeds average use for a 'berry owner, then they can investigate your account. Unlimited data on your blackberry is just that, "on your blackberry." It does not include using your 'berry as a modem for data access on other devices.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

You will eventually get caught I'm sorry..do so at your own risk~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by noktamvulo View Post
    how they will find out? did u know someone that has been charged?
    They can tell through information the server stores when you connect to the internet. I don't know the exact details of how or what information they use but have heard reports of people being caught and having huge overage charges.

Zo