Hi all...and a very Happy Christmas to you too!! I've got two identical 8310s. Both ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Tethered Modem & 2 8310s

Advertisement

Hi all...and a very Happy Christmas to you too!!

I've got two identical 8310s. Both with the same OS 4.2.2.146

On mine, I can get it to work as a tethered modem on my laptop. Yet, when I try the other on my same laptop, using the same DM (4.2.2.14) it doesnt work!

It gets to verifying username & password, but then it fails with:

'Veryfying username & poassword Error 734: the PPP link control protocol was remintaed'

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks and remember to Jingle all the Way!

uvamack no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Tethered Modem & 2 8310s

I also have a question. I called AT&T and they stated that my entire plan has to change in order to tether the BB as modem. Is this correct that I actually have to pay more for this service? I was configuring the network connection on my laptop and it required username and password. I was entering WAP@CINGULARGPRS.com but didn't know the password.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Tethered Modem & 2 8310s

With AT$T tethering is an additional add-on and charge, so they were correct. However some people have been lucky and it was set up on their account to work and they have flown under the radar and aren't getting charged. Also some have gotten it to work, but were charged by the Kb for the data usage they had while tethering (as it is not covered under the basic plans according to the TOS). I was not that lucky as it was blocked on my account and could never get it to work, and wasn't worth the extra price involved for me, as i would use it very little.