Anyone know if the Sprint Curve will tether as a modem with Mac OS X?... BlackBerry Curve forum

gtcaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Tether with Mac OS X?

Advertisement

Anyone know if the Sprint Curve will tether as a modem with Mac OS X?

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38
    Not yet... Can't even sync with it yet without missing sync.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You can't see the Curve as a bluetooth modem?

E.g., http://perishablepress.com/press/200...modem-for-mac/ (GSM version)

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A
    I just purchased Missing Sync to get my 8330 to sync with my MBP. Now I am downloading gmaps version 1.6.4 to see if the GPS will work. I will let you know what happens.

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    VMWare Fusion is your friend. You should still be able to use it as a bluetooth modem in OS X though.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

Please do report back. Using Fusion is a kludgy hack, and I can't even use that with my PowerBook (I'm waiting for the fabled next-generation, possibly metal-skinned, PowerBooks).

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A
    For what its worth, I am typing this on my Macbook Pro using my Sprint Curve as a modem with NO phone as modem plan. I turned on the bluetooth on the Curve, put it in the mode where other devices could find it. I then used the Bluetooth menu to pair my Curve with my MBP. It found that I could use it as a modem. The settings I used were #777 for the number and Sprint PCS Vision for the modemscript. Keep the user name and password blank. I then went into the network preferences and chose "Configure" and, under PPP options, turned off the "Send PPP Echo Packets". I then hit CONNECT and here I am. It is blowing me away that I can do this without a plan. Am I just lucky or has the 8330 been configured like the Mogul or the Touch where you can get around the separate DUN user name?

Awesome! Thanks, Broose. From what I hear, the iPhone 3G will not tether. Score one for BB. (Also, I'm kinda stuck because I need to connect to Lotus Notes for work via the BES.) Will probably order soon.

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    For what its worth, I am typing this on my Macbook Pro using my Sprint Curve as a modem with NO phone as modem plan.
    Phone as Modem is included as part of Sprint's BlackBerry plans.

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    unless sprint has blocked it in software, the 8330 WILL tether with OSX, I've got a G3 iBook with 10.4.11 running on it, a bluetooth dongle, and can bluetooth tether just fine, also, can sync address book without pocketmac or missing sync.
    ----------------------------
    Blackberry Fanatic
    Amateur Photographer/StormShooter
    (PM me for Website/Photo Gallery)

eyespii no está en línea Stack level 1
    For what its worth, I am typing this on my Macbook Pro using my Sprint Curve as a modem with NO phone as modem plan. I turned on the bluetooth on the Curve, put it in the mode where other devices could find it. I then used the Bluetooth menu to pair my Curve with my MBP. It found that I could use it as a modem. The settings I used were #777 for the number and Sprint PCS Vision for the modemscript. Keep the user name and password blank. I then went into the network preferences and chose "Configure" and, under PPP options, turned off the "Send PPP Echo Packets". I then hit CONNECT and here I am. It is blowing me away that I can do this without a plan. Am I just lucky or has the 8330 been configured like the Mogul or the Touch where you can get around the separate DUN user name?
    So any updates on whether or not you've been charged for tethering? I'm on the $30 BIS plan, and I tether too infrequently for it to be worth the extra $15/mo for the PAM charge. However, I used the "workaround" with my last few phones (treo 700p and sprint touch), and I'd love to be able to do it on my BB as well.

skateboarddad no está en línea Stack level 1
    dude, I am technologically challenged and have no idea how to do this...can you help?

skateboarddad no está en línea Stack level 1
    This sounds awesome dude...but I tried it word for word and it won't work for me...any suggestions?

clannynog no está en línea Stack level 1

Ńďŕńčáęč

Őîđîřŕ˙ ńňŕňü˙ Âîň ňîëüęî íĺ íŕřĺë ńńűëęó íŕ ĐŃŃ áëîăŕ?