i have found a post that says i can tether my bb 8530. the prob ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hollace989 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question tether blackberry to computer with verizon

Advertisement

i have found a post that says i can tether my bb 8530. the prob is that i cant find out how to do it anywhere. also hi this is my first time in a forum site. thanks hollace

hollace989 no está en línea Stack level 1
    might have found the info. just have to wait for the dial up to get me there.

brncocorey no está en línea Stack level 1

Tethering 8530 to cr-48

If you find out how, I would love to know.

Thanks in advance!

altogether no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello,
    I wanted to know if it is a way to tether a flash blackberry curve. It is a sprint phone that has been flash to cricket, if so can you please help me. Thanks

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Have you discovered a work around for tethering your BB to your PC without having to go through Verizon?

If not, I have used the Fixmo Extend app as a work around. You only get 1GB usage a month, but its free, so that isn't too bad. Otherwise, you have to pay Verizon $20/month (2GB allowance, I believe) to enable tethering.

If you have discovered another way though, I would love to know.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There is a great app out there called Tether whcih works really well, its available on the blackberry App world, for $49.99, expensive but works really well.

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    dushdavj,

Do you know if the Tether app will work with Verizon? And if Verizon will be able to detect it?

I only ask because Verizon requires we pay to use tethering, otherwise it is disabled. I personally haven't wanted to spend the money to try this app due to the fact that since Verizon does require us to pay them to use this feature, doing so with a work around most likely would violate the TOS.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have used Tether on both ATT and TMobile for the odd occasion when I need to connect the PC whilst traveling, and have not had any problems. I think it really depends on how much you intend on using it, mobile data is expensive and I am sure if you use it a lot Verizon/ATT or any of the other mobile providors will jump down your neck.
    According to their website it works on all carriers and they have a free trial.
    Last edited by dushdavj; 04-20-2011 at 06:33 PM.