I did a quick search and didn't find anything useful... Everytime someone sends me a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

FastAzzToyz no está en línea Stack level 2

terrible quality video MMS!

Advertisement

I did a quick search and didn't find anything useful... Everytime someone sends me a video MMS the playback quality is terrible! The video plays choppy and and doesn't play all the way through. Is this just what it is or is there a setting somehwere that can be changed? I upgraded to the 4.5 os and was really hoping the video capabilities would help the MMS texts messages. Other than memory leaks that's my only issue with my curve. Even my Pearl had the same issues... Any help? I hate having a phone that does it all but has terrible video MMS playback... Really brings Blackberries down a notch

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    In defense of Blackberry/RIM they are just starting to master the Media aspect on their devices, and I'm sure if its an issue within the device, a fix will come out soon enough.
    However, it may be a possibility that some data is lost throughout the transfer hence why you're experiencing bad quality and shorter clips. But whether its due to the network or the device, I'm not too sure!
    Hopefully someone else on here can identify with your problem and give us a better sense of who is to blame for this terrible video MMS playback! (RIM or your network!)
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

I was just wondering if this was a blackberry thing, a t-mobile thing or what? Or If there's a fix for it. I know tmo has issues with delayed sms and extremely delayed mms messages at times. Video MMS have never really been right on either or my blackberries. Just looking for some insight ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Most def. a T-Mobile thing. My friend had a video MMS that someone sent to him. He played it on his Verizon Curve and it was so clear NO LIE! I got all excited and it was a video of some girl doing things (coughs) but anyway, I told him to send it to me via MMS. After I got it, I played it and it was so choppy and slow! I know for a fact it's a T-Mobile thing! I think it has to do with the connection speed, I don't know. As long as this gets a fix.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 07-07-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Looks like its a network thing!!
    Shawn K.

It figures... My one and only complaint about a blackberry and its a t-mobile issue. Damn you tmo, I knew I should have made the switch to verizon when I had the chance!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Most def. a T-Mobile thing. My friend had a video MMS that someone sent to him. He played it on his Verizon Curve and it was so clear NO LIE! I got all excited and it was a video of some girl doing things (coughs) but anyway, I told him to send it to me via MMS. After I got it, I played it and it was so choppy and slow! I know for a fact it's a T-Mobile thing! I think it has to do with the connection speed, I don't know. As long as this gets a fix.
    I second this!!! I do suspect its a network thing. Especially seeing TMo has not officially released 4.5 as of yet, I don't even think they have mechanisms in place to deal with choppy and distorted videos of any sort, LOL.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

It must only be a t-mobile/blackberry thing. Prior to my blackberries I've never had a problem receiving video or picture MMS via T-mobile service. Yet another reason to go with verizon~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    FastAzzToyz,

Not the fact of receiving the MMS, it's how slow and choppy it is after receiving it.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

I wonder why its only with blackberries? I've had Motorola, LG, and Samsung prior with no issues. That's why I figured it was possibly a blackberry deal... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Possibility: The issue might even be due to the fact that Blackberries compress data, and that it may be doing it to your MMS innocently!
    Shawn K.

kraiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Tmobile converts the video to a .gif image. That's the reason for the poor quality and the chopiness.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wtf t-mobile! Way to ruin a perfectly good phone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kraiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try to save the "video" it will save in your pictures folder that is because its a gif image not a video any more . Saves on data...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've tried that, it does save it to the pic folder. The video will play all the way through but its still choppy and terrible quality. I know somebody with a Verizon Curve and he doesn't have this problem. I never had an issue with tmo until I got a blackberry! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~