About a month ago my phone wouldn't charge through my wall charger but would through ... BlackBerry Curve forum

trickie636 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E1809D

Tell me it isn't so!!! :0(

Advertisement

About a month ago my phone wouldn't charge through my wall charger but would through my car charger. I ordered a new wall charger and it started charging great when the new charger came in. Well, tonight, it was going dead so I plug my charger in - NOTHING - plugged my old charger in - NOTHING, went out to the car, plugged it in - NOTHING! So, I took my case off, and used my desktop charger (the silver one Blackberry came out a few months ago and it works!

Would you say this is the USB port on the phone itself being it charged great on a desktop and didn't with the plug ins?

If so, what can I do? I know they sell the usb ports but I am not sure its possible to change one? I have changed alot of parts on my curve but I am scared to change this.

Someone help me please!
    Thanks in advance!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is the USB port on the side of the phone loose (meaning does it move around when you plug the cord in)? I had to deal with this nearly 2 years ago with a 7105t. I ended up replacing the phone (I used my warranty exchange option which I HIGHLY recommend) because I was too scared to repair it myself (or be without the 7105t waiting for it to be repaired and sent back to me, because it was my favorite at the time).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-05-2008 at 12:26 AM.

PIN/ID
    20E1809D
    Hey there. No, the USB is perfect and tight, that is why I am so shocked!

I guess I could check with ATT but being I got the phone about a year ago this month not sure how much they can do!

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    My Curve is also suffering from an intermittently-functioning USB port. While it doesn't feel particularly loose, I have noticed that fully inserting the plug and then withdrawing it a very small distance (maybe 1/16" or so) establishes the connection.

Be sure the phone is not locked when you do this, and you can watch for the "charging"icon on the screen to confirm it is working.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    You will probably need to get your port replaced. This requires sautering. Where do you live? If you live in CA, I can tell you of a place that does port replacement, for a really good price as I've gotten it done there before, too.

PIN/ID
    20E1809D
    I actually live in Louisiana, so not sure that would work! BUTTTTTTT Good news! I had hubby look at phone and although it might be a temporary fix for now, he took an electronic cleansing wipe, a small pointy toothpick and cleaned out the USP port on the phone. Guess what?! IT WORKS NOW! He wiggled the cord around with it plugged in and such and it works! I am so excited!!!

While a part of me wanted a new phone, another part of me was wanting to wait until the Javelin came out and/or the Bold wasn't so new!!

Thanks everyone and hopefully if someone else has this issue, perhaps this will help!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by trickie636 View Post
    I actually live in Louisiana, so not sure that would work! BUTTTTTTT Good news! I had hubby look at phone and although it might be a temporary fix for now, he took an electronic cleansing wipe, a small pointy toothpick and cleaned out the USP port on the phone. Guess what?! IT WORKS NOW! He wiggled the cord around with it plugged in and such and it works! I am so excited!!!

While a part of me wanted a new phone, another part of me was wanting to wait until the Javelin came out and/or the Bold wasn't so new!!

Thanks everyone and hopefully if someone else has this issue, perhaps this will help!

I'm happy he was able to rescue your bb.