I used Mapquest Navigator and Telenav on my 8320 Curve with Tmobile never had an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Telenav on 8900 stops when you make a call?

Advertisement

I used Mapquest Navigator and Telenav on my 8320 Curve with Tmobile never had an issue. I could be using GPS, make a call then switch back to the GPS while on the call. Granted if I deviated from the route it couldn't download a new route, but it would continue on my same route while I was talking on the phone.

Today I was using Telenav on the 8900 on Tmobile and made a call and was told by a popup I couldn't return to Telenav until a data connection was available when I hang up the phone.

This is not good and a potential show stopper.

Unfortunatley Mapquest won't have their verison for the 8900 working for a couple of months so I can't try theirs.

Anyone else see this happen?

Thanks

Dan

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's too bad. You might want to try MN's original Curve version on your 8900.

When I got my Flip I was worried about how long it would take for a compatible version to come out. I tried the old Pearl 8100 version and it works just fine on 4.6.

Also, COMING SOON, or email promises from customer service, mean nothing in my experience when it comes to MN updates.

PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    8320 version installs but won't connect to GPS. I still have my puck so maybe I will try it with that. ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    I just tested it again and this time hit escape to that msg and it seemed to continue navigating while on the phone. I will have to do some more testing.