Hey, I just got my new Red 8310, and I tried to download telenav and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Telenav....

Advertisement

Hey, I just got my new Red 8310, and I tried to download telenav and its supposed to have the 30 day free trial, but it still wants my credit card? WTF? Does anyone have an OTA link for Telenav, that doesn't require a credit card??? Thanks in advance,
    -neezy

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Telenav....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If memory serves they want the info but don't charge you for the first 30 days.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

They shouldn't charge you for it... you on AT&T?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    They shouldn't charge you for it... you on AT&T?
    They still need your credit card number and at the end of 30 days you start your subscription or you cancel it. They won't if you cancel at the end of 30 days.

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't know why they would ask for your credit card because even if you do get charged it goes on your bill through at&t.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Neezy if you're with ATT you need to sign up through them. Signing up directly via the Telenav website is different. Yeah you get the free 30 days, but it doesn't go on your ATT bill, it is billed to your CC every month if you decide to keep the service. Just an FYI.

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I downloaded mine from http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tn-maps/
    I didn't keep it long though. You can use the maps and get directions(even turn by turn in text) with this one but, if you use their spoken turn by turn directions or other premium services you have to enter a credit card. I don't think there is any way around it.

That's why I switched to google maps.does the same stuff minus spoken turn by turn. Even draws you a pretty purple line from your location to end destination.(just my preference though )

Hope this helps

Gina-TeleNav no está en línea Sponsor

You will still need to enter your credit card information to sing up for TeleNav GPS Navigator. When you sign up through the website, you get your first 30 days free, after which your account is automatically charged every month.

Some wireless carriers (like Nextel or AT&T) do have options to be billed through your carrier instead of through your credit card. The amount of time between your signup through the carrier and the account being ready varies by carrier, but our representatives can assist you with signing up for whichever billing plan you desire.

As for the questions regarding TeleNav Maps, TeleNav Maps is a free application that has fewer features than TeleNav GPS Navigator. TeleNav Maps provides static maps and driving directions, but it does not give turn prompts in real-time like TeleNav GPS Navigator does.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    I don't know why they would ask for your credit card because even if you do get charged it goes on your bill through at&t.
    Not necessarily. I'm with at&t but directly subscribed with Telenav.

Quote Originally Posted by Moechick007 View Post
    That's why I switched to google maps.does the same stuff minus spoken turn by turn.
    Funny, I'd consider that latter feature to be critical for an in-car nav system.
    Last edited by takeshi; 02-15-2008 at 03:58 AM.

fmastr no está en línea Stack level 1

Just get Nav4All (www dot nav4all dot com) ...... its free and announces turn by turn directions ......

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's also a much kludgier interface. Thanks -- I'll just keep Telenav.