does the new t-mo 8320 have the telenav pre installed on it like the 8800... BlackBerry Curve forum

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

Telenav

Advertisement

does the new t-mo 8320 have the telenav pre installed on it
    like the 8800

Jay21fire no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Telenav

No it doesn't. They didn't put it in the phone because they put WIFi in it instead. I don't understand why they didn't put both in it.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

No TeleNav on TMo... as noted, there is not gps on the 8320... but, wifi instead - for gps u'll need a gps puck or an 8310 (if u want to stay with the Curve model)

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

bah telenav just use google maps...sure it doesn't talk to you but it's just as accurate and it's free!

Living no está en línea Stack level 1

The 8320 will require a gps puck and Telenav is not yet available for the 8320. There are quite a few options, such as Mapquest Naviagator, amAze and Nav4all. These three options have turn by turn spoken directions. BB maps & google maps are other gps applications that are free.

I will admit that I like telenav the best, but right now a version is not available for the 8320.
    Last edited by Living; 11-11-2007 at 06:24 PM.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I saw a post recently where someone is using the original 8300 telenav version from AT$T on their 8320 with great results (if you really want Telenav on your device). They will possbly be along here shortly with more definitive answers for those interested.

Jay21fire no está en línea Stack level 3

Where was that post about the person using the at&t telenav software on the 8320

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I don't see how that would work... but, hey, if u can get it, it's a super Nav app... i love it

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

I would be critical of anyone saying that they are using Telenav 8300 on the 8320 on Tmobile. If they are on AT&T using an 8320 with a puck, they could (possibly)
    Here is my experience:
    I am on T-Mobile, using an unlocked 8310 (yep, went 8300, 8320, now 8310)
    Telenav has specific agreements by telephone model on what they will support.
    Went on the phone with TMo - even though no one there seems to know, they do support Telenav for the 8800 (only). TMO has no clue about Telenav, in fact when you sign up for it, they put you in contact with Telenav. TMO just gets a cut for the 8800.

I discussed with Telenav and they could not support or authorize Telenav for TMobile to my dismay.
    They went into detail how each contract is written by phone model.

This is why you must download Telenav from TMO or AT&T respectively because each can only activate its own phone models (ATT=8800, 8820, 8810) TMo=8800.
    I downloaded the ATT version, tried to activate, couldn't as I need my contract from Telenav through AT&T.
    Deleted files, downloaded from TMO zone (you go to TMo, zones, games, telenav)

When I went to activate, it says the phone is not supported (8310).

There is no way around this at the moment. Bummer!

Edit: Free programs:
    I have Nav4all, Mapquest Navigator, Google Maps, , amAzegps, Wayfinder (not activated) and soon to be infospace loaded. If Google maps had voice, it would win. Mapquest is nice, but haven't played much with it yet. Will be in Texas all week so I will try it out.
    Somehow on Nav4all, it loses the gps signal all the time, then I am screwed, but I like the yardage and general voice directions it has.
    amAze works very good, just a pain in the next input methods (this is why I like google maps, just copy an address from my calendar, drop it into gm.
    In the others, you have to input address, street, city, zip, country all separately which is a pain in the @ss. The other companies could learn a thing or two.
    GM you can almost drop any format in it street, city and it will find it.
    Last edited by zipped; 11-12-2007 at 08:07 PM.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I cannot find the mapquest app at all.

PIN/ID
    OU812

anyone?
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

SMIS,
    Don't believe it works for us AT&T users, unless someone knows a work around.
    http://findme.mapquest.com/

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Go to the GPS forum there is a thread for it.

PIN/ID
    OU812

ok thanks
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes, it works for all, you just have to put in a screen name/password.
    Once you have followed the instructions, download the 8703 version.
    (Sorryd I can't remember if the site sends an OTA link)
    Either case, there is no charge and to date I think it is one of the best out there.
    I just finished testing this week, outside of Telenav, Mapquest rocks.

Mapquest imho easily beats out amaze. It is the only one that voices the major highway numbers and exits. It doesn't speak the names of off highway streets, but it is very accurate, and among the major highways it worked great.
    I just did tons of driving in Houston, then up to Austin, then up to Dallas, with many account stops along the way - worked great. Just be sure if you do overshoot an offramp or street - do your best to pull over and let the gps and program re-orient properly. All the programs need that at the moment. For some reason it doesn't react like the stand alone units (Garmin, etc) in terms of re-orienting the correct route. I noticed in testing that if I came to a stop, let it grab the gps position, then reroute, all the programs worked much better.
    What is cool is I use my headset, play the radio as loud as I want, when the directions come on, they are loud and clear. If you don't use the headset and play the stereo, the berry speakerphone can't compete. Also, be sure to plug in the phone if on a longer trip - that gps sucks juice. (Be sure to close out of them properly, check your switch application, or you will find after driving, next morning your well charged phone is dead)
    Last edited by zipped; 11-16-2007 at 04:00 AM.