Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody use tele-Nav? Pros, or Cons? I like to use my mobile google maps, and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Tele-Nav?

Advertisement

Anybody use tele-Nav? Pros, or Cons? I like to use my mobile google maps, and found it to be a great way to navigate! I can always see my location, and if I want to plan a trip, it will highlight the route if I need it. And it's free, which is a plus!
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

l24paws no está en línea Stack level 1
    i love my tele-nav. it works great and always gets me there. it saved us a bunch of time on the freeway by getting us off before we were caught in a traffic jam. it re routes quickly if you need it to and all in all i highly recommend it

Neshyd no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2471CAD4
    I would use Telenav.. But the cons for me is the price. I prefer freeware

jembrey73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm a Tele-Nav fan after using it. I love the audio turn by turn directions. It has saved my butt many times. I don't have to look ahead and find out where I need to turn. I just set my destination and put the BB in the console next to me and listen to the directions. Gives you plenty of notice when your turn is coming up. Paying the $9.99/mo does sort of suck, but I am so directionally challenged that it's worth it for me.

jeure no está en línea Stack level 1

TelNav

I have used TelNav and Nav4All. I now just use Nav4All since it is free. It works very well. You can do the download over air.

Bob G no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think TeleNav is absolutely excellent, but too expensive. MapQuest Navigator is almost as good, but at half the price. Both have free trial periods, so you can see for yourself.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jeure View Post
    I have used TelNav and Nav4All. I now just use Nav4All since it is free. It works very well. You can do the download over air.
    those nav4all give you turn ny turn?

Wilfred no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2138A139
    I use it and really is a good assistance, traffic info etc, works fine.
    Cons: I will say takes long to start and slow to point your location, and isnt as accurate sometimes puts me blocks away where I am.

I installed Google Maps, using the GPS puts me within 3 meters of my location, very scarry for privacy freaks, when the GPS kicks in Google locates and traces me amazingly fast. Cons: I found deadspots for ATT with full GPS signal, ofcourse the map data is sent thru regular cell connection so the map never gets updated there.

silv333 no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK guys, just upgraded to the 8310 and not familiar with the GPS use of it. I really like google maps, but don't know what I have to do to use it in GPS format. Any of you guys mind PM'ing me or posting on here instructions on how to set it up?

I'm going the free route, which I'm assuming google is.

txfire no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just got my BB a couple weeks ago and a friend of mine has been giving me tips on it...and the Google maps was one of them. I was really liking the idea of Tele-Nav...with the turn by turn and GPS stuff...but at $10 a month...I wouldn't use it that much. I have downloaded Google mapping stuff and used it this weekend for the fun of it and it is nice. It is REAL fast to track my location and it gave me turn by turn directions also...all I had to do was hit the # button for the next turn...which is fine by me. I have a holder on my dash that keeps it directed at me and it was great to use. I don't really care for the talking stuff...that gets on my nerves. So far, the Google maps have been awesome!! Takes a little getting used to it...but thats with anything!! Once I did...it was nice all the way!!

play11dg no está en línea Stack level 2
    TeleNav is okay. I was about 1 mile away from hospital, and I played with navigator search. Guess what? It doesn't find any hospital within 5 miles radius from where I was. But hey, hospital building is right over there where I could see its high tall building. What a joke TeleNav is. So I cancelled my subscription with AT&T Nav. Not worth 9.99 a month. I tried Garmin with 30 days free trial. I LOVE it so much. Its pricey but once time fee for 99.99 dollars per device. I am gonna get Garmin for sure. Googlemap is good but its location is about 1300 meter off from where u are. But its good for people who don't want to shell out money for better program like Garmin ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

silv333 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guys, can one of you talk me through using google maps on my new 8310 for GPS and what I have to do?

Thanks!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    TeleNav and Garmin are awesome progs. I've been using TeleNav, works flawlessly - like having a Tom Tom or Magellan.
    Haven't tried the free stuff.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i've used the free stuff and the paid programs, and there's a reason the paid programs are paid programs. they're that much better.

jeure no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry for the late response, but yes Nav4All does give turn by turn. It does not give street names, just distance to turn and direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast