Hi all. I have a question regarding this setting. What does it exactly do ? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mariuspiatek no está en línea Stack level 1

TCP/APN question

Advertisement

Hi all.
    I have a question regarding this setting. What does it exactly do ?
    I am using wifi and I saw that if these settings are used, a user can actually use some apps over wifi for example opera mini.
    Before I actually set those settings up opera and bbmaps for example did not work.
    After putting correct parameters into these settings they did start working except it does not seem like they work over wifi network but edge (I did not set up data plan at this moment).
    At times a messege shows up saying that I am about to enter low level network.
    Is there any way to use all these applications with wifi ? My bb browser is set to wifi in the options and it works with that. Any way to do it with other applications ?
    Thank you.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: TCP/APN question

Mine also say that they are about to access a low level network but they are working over WiFi. If you feel that they are not then try uninstalling and reinstalling.

How do you know that its wifi ? In the bbbrowser you can see it because it says wifi on top. With those apps it does not. Did you try disconnecting from mobile network and trying to access pages via wifi ? What will uninstalling do ? Just the apps ?

PIN/ID
    Ask me

go to dslreports.com and do a speed test for yourself. Or even just see how fast the arrows move when your connected to WiFi as opposed to EDGE. I say to uninstall because sometimes when you enter then APN after the program is installed it doesn't catch the settings properly. So, uninstall, make sure the APN is correct and then reinstall.

You give me good shivers. Lol
    I will try after work and will post what happens. Thank you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~