Does anyone know if this can be done or will that feature be available on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

doughboy4life no está en línea Stack level 4

Talk and Surf the Web at Same time on verizon network

Advertisement

Does anyone know if this can be done or will that feature be available on the Storm ?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    At the moment, phone calls suspend data transmissions so you cannot do both. I have not seen that it will change, but if you found something that says so let me know.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I believe on UMA you can still get data while talking. Never tried to surf and talk, but my bbm messages will come through. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Ok. Just called my house, I sure can surf while on a call on UMA. Ofcourse only tmo has uma. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doughboy4life no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thank's for the reply's I just wanted 2 know because I m thinking about getting a new device real soon and was looking @ the curve @ the verizon store and I know the storm is coming out and was trying 2 wait untill it came out 2 see if that device will let you do this but if it can't be done I see no reason in not getting the curve which I thought was very nice!!

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to EVDO. Evolution Data Only. Go to wikipedia and type it in. You'll find out there was an option for voice and data but Qualcomm stopped development when Sprint and Verizon didn't show interest. I may be incorrect, but I believe the Bold will have this capability. I won't swear to anything but I'm pretty sure this is supported by HSDPA.

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2
    i know i'm able to use my BB while on a call but not sure about the internet specifically while on a call. i'll try that after work and let ya know!

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    will only happen when verizon switches to LTE in a few years
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by disassemble View Post
    i know i'm able to use my BB while on a call but not sure about the internet specifically while on a call. i'll try that after work and let ya know!
    negative. You cannot talk on the phone and surf the web. drat!~

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    The Storm is rumored to have this ability. Currently you can only send and receive texts while on the phone just not anything else.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

redbull816 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3037A1A7
    Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    Welcome to EVDO. Evolution Data Only. Go to wikipedia and type it in. You'll find out there was an option for voice and data but Qualcomm stopped development when Sprint and Verizon didn't show interest. I may be incorrect, but I believe the Bold will have this capability. I won't swear to anything but I'm pretty sure this is supported by HSDPA.
    i don't think this is right. i heard that the storm would be able to use voice and data. EV-DO is evolution data optimized, not only.

PIN/ID
    3037A1A7
    calls are 1x anyway..

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by redbull816 View Post
    i don't think this is right. i heard that the storm would be able to use voice and data. EV-DO is evolution data optimized, not only.
    I have phones that are EV-DO Rev.A and they still cannot do data and voice at the same time. If EV-DV was implemented, then yes you could. Unfortunately, Qualcomm stopped development back in 2005. You can wait and see, but I hope you're not disappointed. The CDMA network is becoming more outdated by the hour. The first Blackberry to support voice and data will be the Bold. Not sure about the new Pearl Flip 8220 as it doesn't interest me in the slightest and T-Mobile doesn't use all of the spectrum bands that AT&T does.

PIN/ID
    3037A1A7
    you seriously don't know what you're talking about. ev-dv would have replaced 1x. calls go over 1x and data goes over the ev-do. verizon just hasn't had any phones that did both. it's not because they can't. it's because they just never have.