On Friday, the 11th, my Curve decided to hit me with an App Error 523. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336

Talk about bad luck...

Advertisement

On Friday, the 11th, my Curve decided to hit me with an App Error 523. Being I was still in my 30 day exchange period for this particular BlackBerry, I naturally exchanged it. Fast forward 1 week to Saturday the 19th, and my replacement Curve also decides to hit me with App Error 523...

Worst part is, my son knock this replacement unit out of its holster a few days after I got it and it put a nice gouge in the top of the casing. That being the case, trying to return this one as a warranty exchange tomorrow should be fun, because we all know how they love to find any excuse they can to not allow the exchange.

Granted, if they don't exchange it, I know how to fix it, but still...

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    That sucks... bummer~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yeah that is not cool at all.

PIN/ID
    245FA336
    I have actually been putting a bunch of thought into this, like what can cause it and so on. Unfortunately, there isn't really a single known cause of App Error 523 other than it being a system error message that pops up when a system related application is not doing what it should. I have been using BlackBerrys for a decent length of time, and I have had several Curves, but only two have ever given me this problem (any problem at all really). Naturally I started to think about what was common between all my various Curves, and the two that gave me this error, and the only thing is Nav4All.

On my first couple of Curves, I never messed with it, but on both of the ones that hit me with this error, I had Nav4All installed, and had used it not long before receiving the error. Sure, it could be nothing more than coincidence, but you never know...

PIN/ID
    LESS
    That is true..You just never know what is the cause for it until you investigate it more thoroughly

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You know you can just look in your LOG. ALT-LGLG and find the cause of the error. Then just get rid of the application or at least try to uninstall it.

PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You know you can just look in your LOG. ALT-LGLG and find the cause of the error. Then just get rid of the application or at least try to uninstall it.
    Very true, but I can't even get into the phone to do that. Every time it boots, it stays on the white screen with the tiny print that says, "App Error 523" and underneath it says "reset." If you know a simple way to get past the white screen so I can check my error log, I would love to hear it though. I am not going to go crazy wiping and reloading the OS until after I am told I can't exchange it though, so if it is anything that relates to those steps, I will just wait until after my trip to the At&t store in the morning.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Hey red,
    thanks for that shortcut I forgot about that, just went and found a few uncaught exceptions...
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks Reddog, learned something new, as usual.

andrsnsm no está en línea Stack level 1

Dang Looks Like Nav4All May Have Done It To Me

Just read this thread and when I picked up my Curve 8310 I had an application error. The ONLY thing I have done recently was add Nav4All. It is gone now.

PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Quote Originally Posted by andrsnsm View Post
    Just read this thread and when I picked up my Curve 8310 I had an application error. The ONLY thing I have done recently was add Nav4All. It is gone now.
    Well, that just lends a bit more weight to me theory... I wonder if we are alone, or if anyone else has experienced problems after installing Nav4All.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Nav4All I have found just stinks. Their user inface is horrid. I know it's a free program and all, but man it's difficult. I think I am just going to out right pay for a program since I am having a hard time getting any of the free apps to work.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Nav4All I have found just stinks. Their user inface is horrid. I know it's a free program and all, but man it's difficult. I think I am just going to out right pay for a program since I am having a hard time getting any of the free apps to work.

OK...scratch that....Amaze might be working now...LOL...dont know yet
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Bummer!

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Well, much to my surprise, they gave me no grief over the gouge in the case and I had a hassle free exchange this afternoon. Being a somewhat superstitious person, I got a red Curve today because the two that acted up on me were Titanium.

Anyway, crossing my fingers that I don't go "three-peat"...