I was wondering if anyone knew what size torque screwdriver I need for my 8310 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

Takeapart / Disassemble

Advertisement

I was wondering if anyone knew what size torque screwdriver I need for my 8310 Curve.

I watched the video referenced here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...the_curve.html

But, the person dictating does not specify which size to use. Furthermore, the two torque screws that are exposed when you remove the battery cover are smaller than four torque screws that hold the keyboard assembly in place. (I learned this because the torque screwdriver I used to take the back two off was much too small for the four on the inside).

Also, oddly, posters in the referenced thread state that only a single T5 is necessary. This website says that only a T4 is needed (http://bbrepairshop.com/Parts_8300.html). Not only is this inconsistency odd to me -- it appears that in my case, both are wrong since I have two different sized screws!!

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by liquidsense; 04-03-2008 at 01:16 AM.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    5 star i believe , i bought a hole kit a radio shack that has all sizes
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    it's a T5. I have taken apart my phone plenty of times and I'm sure it's a T5. If you can only find a T5 drill bit, I'd suggest looking for a hand screwdriver that holds bits.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_curve.html
    My detailed tutorial on painting your blackberry.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So do you have to take the back off as they describe in order to remove the front cover?

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    So do you have to take the back off as they describe in order to remove the front cover?
    Yes, the screws that hold on the front cover are all hidden in the back. You have to take the back off.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Thanks, ZJ.

Anybody wanna do it for me?

AC INKA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447B685
    Check out this website if you need to purchase any dissasembling tools for your blackberry.

http://cnn.cn/shop/tools-c-71.html

There is also this video on You Tube that will show you step by step how to dissasemble a curve. i've used this and it was very helpful to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIl19G74C0

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Get one of the drivers that has various interchangeable sizes. I have taken apart hundreds of BlackBerrys and have learned that numerous times the size will either be whatever size RIM had available at the time. I have taken apart one BB that used 3 different sizes of screws, and it was new and had never been taken apart before.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I bought a set of torx drivers at Lowe's. Just don't have the cover remover. Someone suggested in another thread that you can use a zip tie for this purpose.

I purchased the whole housing from cnn.cn, but really only need to replace the faceplate/screen since this is where all of the visible damage has occurred.

Just a little apprehensive about doing any sort of disassembly, especially since one of the first things they tell you in that video is how it will void the warranty! That dude in the video sure didn't look all that graceful taking the device apart and I know I won't be either!

NBDBB.....your profile says you're in Chicago. Usedta live in the western 'burbs. Can't believe it's been 12 years since I moved away!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    The 83 series is fairly easy to take apart. U can use a zip tie I guess. I just use a credit card or something to the equivalent bent in half.
    There are 4 clips that connect to the body.
    Flip it over
    Take the battery cover off and battery out.
    Pry off the bottom section (will have to give it some muscle.
    Run a credit card underneath the edges of it so they come up a little bit
    On the second go around, expand the credit card a little bit by putting a finger in the in between the crease.
    Then I have found it easiest to start on the bottom left hand side (down by the alt/cap key) and pry it off to the right (if that makes sense).
    You will get the resistance from the gel around the screen area that works as a buffer from the screen and front housing.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    just be sure, since this is your first take disassembling your curve, when you pull off near the screen area. The second time I did it, one of the tabs near the LCD was stuck and I forced it too much and it bent the metal. Luckily my LCD is fine, but every once in a while I have to "snap" the left side near the LCD back into the body.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_curve.html
    My detailed tutorial on painting your blackberry.