View Poll Results: blackberry or iphone

Voters
574. Register free to vote on this poll
  • blackberry

534 93.03%
  • iphone

40 6.97%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

I bought an iphone, it was ok for the most part then i sold it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bbslice no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437ACFE

Re: Take Your Side BB Curve Or IPhone?

Advertisement

I bought an iphone,
    it was ok for the most part
    then i sold it for a new blackberry
    lol

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2

I actually played around with an iPhone today. As someone said earlier, it is really a nice piece of engineering. Nice graphics, good sound quality and fun to play with.
    My conclusion is that if I just wanted a phone for entertainment, I would buy the iPhone. But for work applications as well as entertainment, I'll keep my Blackberry!!!!

BraileyGirl1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Bb

BB is soooo much better. So many more features. Better price! Better development!

WebzAce no está en línea Stack level 2

I phone is alright but BlackBerry By far Better

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3

I bought an iPhone last week. I've had a Curve since June (first a silver one, now a red one for the past two months). I kind of feel like I have the best of both worlds right now. I use the Curve during the week and the iPhone on weekends -- I unlocked and jailbroke it so I didn't have to mess with my plan on my line.
    If I ever leave my current job, the iPhone would be a perfect daily phone for me, I can hook it up to my iPod connector cable in my car and listen to tunes through my stereo as well as charge it. Works great with my new Jawbone headset. And the on screen keyboard isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    Will it ever replace my BB as long as I have my current job where I rely heavily on e-mail? Doubtful. We'll see how long I keep the iPhone. After trying just about every high end phone out there (both smart and dumb) I've realized the BB just works for me.
    Not that will ever stop me from getting new phones. I have a phone addiction. They could make the perfect phone and I'd still want to try the next three phones released after that.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Curve, hands down... (Java enabled & is Open to 3rd parties)
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078

I'm an employee for an authorized dealer, and when the iphone came out, our franchise owner got an iphone for each store... did a test for the iphone vs. the pearl, 8800, 8820, 8300, and 8310... acrimsontide said it best. for practicality, the bb, for fun, the iphone. I agree, the touch screen is cool. but for $400?!?!?!?! With at&t, you can get the curve for as little as $50 after rebate.. or free after rebate depending on who you know....

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2

Maybe my neighbor said it best. He said, " My kids have Iphones, but I have a Blackberry!"

WebzAce no está en línea Stack level 2

O_O Thats a good One My "kids Have Iphone, But I Have a Blackberry )

mzshey2x no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24488A96

I had an iPhone & now I have a Curve.. I use the Curve primarily for work but the iPhone is def fun..

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    I had an iPhone, and I loved it for what it does. The problems with it aren't what it does, but what it doesn't do. I knew all about the shortcomings before buying, and I figured they wouldn't bother me, but they really did. Anyway, the Curve trumps the iPhone hands down, and here is why: (in my opinion of course)

1. No MMS
    2. No Cut and Paste (I can't believe how much I missed this...)
    3. No 3rd party apps... Yeah, yeah, their coming... Guess what? I got tired of waiting.
    4. Need to sync to iTunes to do ANYTHING. Delete a picture? Sync! Delete a song? Sync! Delete a video? Sync!
    5. Why oh why do you give me 8gb of storage and then not let me download anything from the web?
    6. Even after 3 months of daily use, the keyboard is just plain awful. Every time I thought I had it mastered, I was proven wrong.
    7. Pay for ringtones after I bought the song? Seriously...
    8. Why can I only include ONE attachment to my emails? Do you really think my friends, family and coworkers enjoy receiving 10 emails to get the 10 pictures I wanted to send?
    9. The web browser is awesome, this is true, but the speed in which it renders full pages over EDGE is ridiculous. The BB Browser isn't all that great, but at least it's fast. Not to mention, Opera Mini gives you damn near the same functionality of Safari at twice the speed. Yeah, I know you can't cut and paste in Opera Mini, but if you really need to, just fire up the BB Browser...
    10. Why can't I type emails and text messages in landscape mode? The keyboard is hard to use, but it is made easier in landscape mode, and the 3 things that would most benefit from it, can't do it? No landscape SMS, Notepad, or Email? Seriously, why?
    11. Why can't I call a number directly from my calendar? What is the point of adding a phone number note to an appointment if I can't call it from the calendar? If I am going to have to write stuff down, I might as well keep a pen and paper datebook... Not to mention how inconvenient this is when driving and your concentration isn't on remembering a phone number while you switch from the calendar app to the dialpad...
    12. No games? The potential for games on this thing is amazing, and all we get are some slow, crappy webapp games? Again, seriously...

Ok, ok... I think I got my point across. What it does, it does very well, but not well enough to make up for what it doesn't do.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazEtooN View Post
    I had an iPhone, and I loved it for what it does. The problems with it aren't what it does, but what it doesn't do. I knew all about the shortcomings before buying, and I figured they wouldn't bother me, but they really did. Anyway, the Curve trumps the iPhone hands down, and here is why: (in my opinion of course)

1. No MMS
    2. No Cut and Paste (I can't believe how much I missed this...)
    3. No 3rd party apps... Yeah, yeah, their coming... Guess what? I got tired of waiting.
    4. Need to sync to iTunes to do ANYTHING. Delete a picture? Sync! Delete a song? Sync! Delete a video? Sync!
    5. Why oh why do you give me 8gb of storage and then not let me download anything from the web?
    6. Even after 3 months of daily use, the keyboard is just plain awful. Every time I thought I had it mastered, I was proven wrong.
    7. Pay for ringtones after I bought the song? Seriously...
    8. Why can I only include ONE attachment to my emails? Do you really think my friends, family and coworkers enjoy receiving 10 emails to get the 10 pictures I wanted to send?
    9. The web browser is awesome, this is true, but the speed in which it renders full pages over EDGE is ridiculous. The BB Browser isn't all that great, but at least it's fast. Not to mention, Opera Mini gives you damn near the same functionality of Safari at twice the speed. Yeah, I know you can't cut and paste in Opera Mini, but if you really need to, just fire up the BB Browser...
    10. Why can't I type emails and text messages in landscape mode? The keyboard is hard to use, but it is made easier in landscape mode, and the 3 things that would most benefit from it, can't do it? No landscape SMS, Notepad, or Email? Seriously, why?
    11. Why can't I call a number directly from my calendar? What is the point of adding a phone number note to an appointment if I can't call it from the calendar? If I am going to have to write stuff down, I might as well keep a pen and paper datebook... Not to mention how inconvenient this is when driving and your concentration isn't on remembering a phone number while you switch from the calendar app to the dialpad...
    12. No games? The potential for games on this thing is amazing, and all we get are some slow, crappy webapp games? Again, seriously...

Ok, ok... I think I got my point across. What it does, it does very well, but not well enough to make up for what it doesn't do.
    Good review. That hit everything what makes an iPhone an expensive and unnessecary toy.

My 2ct
    Peter

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    I do want to say "THANK YOU APPLE FOR BELIEVING YOU COULD MONOPOLIZE THE SMART PHONE MARKET!!!!"

Thanks to Apple, and not allowing 3rd party apps, horrible download speeds, horrible reputation, and OUTRAGEOUS prices, I haven't sold so many BBY's in my life, and havent had so many happy customers because of their blackberry!

Manuel.Garcia no está en línea Stack level 1
    The iphone is expensive when u first buy it but in the long run ur actually saving money with the internet package u'll be paying 20.00 dollars for unlimited internet and 200 txt messages vs with the blackberry your paying 30 dollars (at&t service) for jus unlimited internet access no txt messages, i work the company so i know but the i phone has alot of cool features that other phones offers. But now i have a 8310 curve which it is quite awesome the gps, the internet, the camera. it's a tough choice.

Manuel.Garcia no está en línea Stack level 1
    they are allowing thrid party apps download to the iphone they havent named a date but there getting there maybe by the end of the month,

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast