View Poll Results: blackberry or iphone

Voters
574. Register free to vote on this poll
  • blackberry

534 93.03%
  • iphone

40 6.97%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by brooke03 No offense, but you're asking this on a Blackberry forum so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Take Your Side BB Curve Or IPhone?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    No offense, but you're asking this on a Blackberry forum so you're going to get biased opinions.
    Everyone here is going to vote BB; everyone on an iphone forum is going to vote for the enemy.

I fail to see the point.
    Exactly, biased it will be.

datorres no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok.I have both and I must say the iphone is better as a media player and web browsing. But when it comes to texting, email, an instant messaging the curve is much better. My curve is a company phone. My iphone is for personal use but I must say if apple doesn't add more features I may sell the iphone and get another BB.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

WebzAce no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree with you on that one datorres iphone are mostly good for media while BB curve tops it off with all other instant messanging, email and so on..

*CurveyKita* no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve for me!

TuneUsIn no está en línea Stack level 2

This is one of the best honest reviews I have read about the iPhone/8320 comparison.

Way too long to copy and paste, sorry.

http://www.mobishark.com/blog/blackb...-apple-iphone/

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by TuneUsIn View Post
    This is one of the best honest reviews I have read about the iPhone/8320 comparison.

Way too long to copy and paste, sorry.

http://www.mobishark.com/blog/blackb...-apple-iphone/
    Very good detailed review. Actually, nothing new though. Everything covered has been discussed somewhere before and there isn't a thing in there I would disagree on. I have a close friend that has an iphone, so I know all of this to be true. In the end, there is no winner, they are both great devices although somewhat different. So far, I would stay with the Curve unless the Iphone came out with a new great upgraded second generation device. By then, Blackberry may also have a new upgraded device, so this battle may go on for a long time.
    Last edited by ikasen; 02-11-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Might get it right the first time : someday .....

mskitty no está en línea Stack level 1

On The Real!!! Blackberry! but would rock the iphone too...

squidjuice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2442AE55

Blackberry atw!!

Director447 no está en línea Stack level 2

Iphone is nice, but what happens when the internal battery crp's out, you have to take it back to Apple who cracks it open to change the battery,so $125.00 later your good till next year,since the battery usually lasts a year. Also if you drop kiss the glass screen, good bye at $200.00 charge. I dropped my BB curve in my hotel rrom, it bounced and never missed a beat. So I think the Curve beats the overpriced iPhone by a long long way. Director447

Bricemails no está en línea Stack level 2

BB all the way ... tactil screen is not easy to use and text messaging on Iphone is hard with the SMALL virtual keypad ....

Iphone is better to surf on the web cause there s a big screen ... but No PUSH MAIL

So BB addict will never used a Iphone .... Never say Never But not too far

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

What is I-Phone ?

I know only one smart-phone & that's BB.

~via Aswani-Berry (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Juls85 View Post
    the iphone really doesn't appeal to me. its very big
    -----
    Yes it is very large.
    What many people don't know is Steve Jobs has a collection of Classic American Cars. He took his love of them & had the iPhone designed after the shape of the rear view mirror on a 1960 Cadillac.

I bought an iPhone just to see if it lived up to the hype (it didn't).
    Also I found that if I was outside during a cold day, that when the phone rang, putting against your face to answer the call was miserable as it was so cold and the large flat screen did not warm up.

I also noticed when meeting clients in Starbucks, that the ladies iPhones looked disgusting as their make up would stick to the screen. Some ladies screens literally had layers of build up.

I'm glad that I tried one however, as it truly highlighted the vast superiority of BlackBerrys

Plus since I bought it as an additional phone, I was never forced to use it as my only phone, as that would have been dreadful.

So, I wish to remind you that I'm simply reporting my experience & Not bashing apple as I do use a MacBook, & have used PowerBooks for years. I also believe that the iPhone will evolve & get better. However they have such a long way to go, that it may be too little too late.

It's my understanding that over the next six months there will be many serious competitors released from the big players, companies that have so much experience with phones that apple will not stand a chance. Witness the iTouch which may very well Apples consession that they are in over their heads.

Via my Red BB 8310
    The phone I can count on.

luckysbie no está en línea Stack level 1

Honestly if t-mobile hadn't gotten the Curve to me for nearly the price I wanted and the Plan I wanted. I would have been iPhone all the way. But they hooked it up.

snybole no está en línea Stack level 2

I've only seen the iphone, friends have them. But I've atleast got some honest friends which are telling me that their iphone is really a toy, flashy, battery draining gadget. But I also see the iphone more of a media phone rather then a really liable phone like my curve.

I don't think I'd ever buy an iphone, blackberry makes my day so much easier workwise and private. So my love goes to blackberry

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

I use both, permanently. They were made for different audiences and serve very different purposes. My BB is unbeatable in terms of push email, calendar, BB messenger etc, and my iPhone is unbeatable for an mp3 player woth web access.

Being half a geek, I like the fact that I can install apps on both, and I do so regularly.

I don't think there can be any discussion around design, for two reasons:

1) The iPhone design is awesome, when bearing in mind the market is reaches. It'll be the first apple product that many people use, and as such, together with the easy-to-use interface (post 1.1.1) its a winner.

2) The BB combines design and functionality for the business user. The 87xx was the first attempt and the 88xx and 83xx sealed the deal (ignoring the 81xx as the target market is different). Show me a WM user who claims that his handset looks better than an 83xx/88xx and I'll show you a fool/liar/M$ employee.

p.s.glad to be back at the stacks after a long hiatus

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast