Just upgraded to Tmobile's 4.5... I'm a little nervous about non-stock upgrades, so I was ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kidblue no está en línea Stack level 2

T-Mobile's 4.5 BACKLIGHT BUG...

Advertisement

Just upgraded to Tmobile's 4.5... I'm a little nervous about non-stock upgrades, so I was excited to see an option from my carrier...

Everything went smoothly, but I've noticed that even with "Automatically Dim Backlight" set to "OFF", the screen will still dim and light up depending on lighting conditions.

Obviously, this is an endemic bug that was not in the previous T-Mobile offering...

Thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks,

Noah

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Sounds like a software problem as it's not reading that setting from the database to turn off it's light sensor. I recommend reinstalling the OS. And you downloaded 4.5 from the t-mobile site? If it's 4.5 I have never really tried to turn that feature off as it is very useful, but that's just my opinion.

Give it a try and let me know what you find out.

Indeed, it is T-Mobile's version of 4.5... Installation went very smoothly with no issues... It's a strange little bug...

omaska no está en línea Stack level 1
    I upgraded to t-mobile's 4.5.0.81 yesterday and this setting works for me.

Very strange. Maybe theme related? I use the T-mobile one.
    Good luck.

I did a total wipe of the device, back to the stock T-Mobile settings and before reinstalling my backed up information, I noticed it was still funky...

I guess I'll JL Commander wipe the sucker and try T-Mob's OS fresh...

berry-buster no está en línea BES Pro
    the funny part is, i have had this happen on my Sprint 8130... Ever since i migrated to it. It did it in 4.3, and does it in 4.5... its sort of wierd

From what I understand, it's a common problem for a lot of folks (mostly those on CDMA devices, actually)...

I never experienced it on my 4.2 T-Mob stock 8320 until I upgraded yesterday...

If I wipe it clean via JL Commander and reinstall the new 4.5, I won't have a clue as to what to do next or what could possibly be causing it!

berry-buster no está en línea BES Pro
    I have wiped clean with JLC, reloaded the OS (4.3) and then tried reloading 4.5 in the same fassion... still have the same issues

That's not very inspiring...

I already did a wipe of the handheld, so wiping via JLC and reinstalling the OS is simply time-consuming... I guess I'll still try it, but I won't be terribly optimistic!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    also when doing these upgrades make sure you remove your memory card as they have been known to cause random glitches in every install...hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    also when doing these upgrades make sure you remove your memory card as they have been known to cause random glitches in every install...hope this helps
    That's a great suggestion. Of course, I left my memory card (and SIM) in when I did the first upgrade.

I'll do the JLC wipe and reinstall with NO memory card or SIM...

Thanks for the tip, maybe it'll make a difference...

N.