Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have been using my bb 7105t and now my Curve in Europe and South ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ohmiss no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: T Mobile international data questions

Advertisement

I have been using my bb 7105t and now my Curve in Europe and South America for the past 2 years. I have the unlimited BB add on plan but not the international plan. I communicate home through emails and have only been charged a connection fee (usually around $1.75) the first time I turn the phone on. Can anyone tell me if I use my BB maps or google maps for directions will that incur charges? Currently I am in Wiesbaden Germany and my phone says my carrier is TMO D. Since I have a TMO US account will I still be charged for web browsing?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

like it was said before, if you are on t-mobile using a blackberry. it's 20$ for the blackberry service, and then another 20$ for using it overseas which allows you only access to email. Pin messaging is considered data so that wouldn't be covered. if you download and open attachments or use the web then you'll use the data which will cost additional.

At&t is an additional 65$ regardless of how much or how little you use.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

ohmiss no está en línea Stack level 1

I spoke with a TMO rep last night online and she suggested contacting the partner carrier of whatever country you are in to find out if there is an agreement to transfer data or use UMA for calls for free. They don't know what their partners offer in each country. She did say if the phone only had UMA and no partner name (such as T Mobile D in Germany) then the call would be free. It the phone had both UMA and the partner name she didn't know how the call would be handled. That was when she suggested contacting the partner carrier yourself.

unisource no está en línea Stack level 1

If the area where I am traveling has NO GSM/EDGE service (Korea), but if I am able to connect to UMA/ WiFi, will I be charged for receiving/ sending email via my Blackberry 8320? I was under the assumption that as long as I have T-Mobile Hotspot @Home, I would NOT get charged any international data fees for email or browsing. I though that the unlimited international Blackberry email add-on for $19.99 was only if you needed email access through GSM.

I could be wrong though, any confirmation on this?

Kstylez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ddd7ba

Quote Originally Posted by trinybwoy View Post
    being charged for using DATA, (i.e websurfing ,jivetalk, google maps etc) while roaming internationally is a bit tricky.
    it depends on if the country's carrier that your going to has stuck a deal with t-mobile to allwo you UNLIMITED usage of data or charge per kb.
    For example i went to trinidad and tobago and i used the data as if there was not tomorw, i wasnt charged a single extra cent besides the unlimited internt'l email add-on.

as a contrast, i went to punta cana ,Dominican republic and attempted to perform the same unlimited feat, lol.
    i was using jivetalk and tethering to my hearts content.
    upon my return i was greated with a lovely $75+ on my bill.

thank u .... u answered my questions exactly ... im about to go to trinidad lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12