Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so I'm currently with att and I wanted to get an international data plan ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jprincipe no está en línea Stack level 2

T Mobile international data questions

Advertisement

Ok, so I'm currently with att and I wanted to get an international data plan but you now have to get the 64.99 plan for a year. This made me look into the curve for t mobile but to my understanding you can only get unlimited email and it doesn't cover web browsing. Is this true? What about BB messenger? Is this unlimited? I keep getting different answers from t mobile employees as well as people I know who use t mobile. Some people have gotten charged per kilobyte used and some people haven't (while overseas). Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

BBFixer no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASK

Re: T Mobile international data questions

International data from TMO is unlimited for email only. Web browsing is charged at 15.00 per MB. I am 90% sure PIN messages are included as email since it does not travel through an internet gateway. I travels through the blackberry network,\.

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3

from what i understand, and i have been wrong from time to time, if you have the unlimited bb data package from tmo, then you are able to send unlimited email within the state, however, if you are traveling out of the country, all you have to do is change your plan to unlimited international data, and you should be all set to go as far as email goes. the regular data plan and the international plan cost the same, you just have to swith it with customer care before you leave. that would cover email, however there is a charge for browser/internet use.

hope that helps a little. haha.

skinnie no está en línea Stack level 1

yea i have use it and its only for emails. no web browsing.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by aldie View Post
    from what i understand, and i have been wrong from time to time, if you have the unlimited bb data package from tmo, then you are able to send unlimited email within the state, however, if you are traveling out of the country, all you have to do is change your plan to unlimited international data, and you should be all set to go as far as email goes. the regular data plan and the international plan cost the same, you just have to swith it with customer care before you leave. that would cover email, however there is a charge for browser/internet use.

hope that helps a little. haha.
    I think the international bb plan add-on is added on top of your regular bb plan when you choose international plan.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

If you go with T-Mo then just add the 8320 and you can surf through a wifi network to get your data fill (as long as it is a public access spot, your data would be free). Just another option.
    Last edited by squeakr; 11-21-2007 at 07:35 PM.

jeffsaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EE28B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hmm I have the unlimited bb plan plus the international bb plan and have been using data other than email such as jivetalk and stuff. And so far there have been no charges. I will call them again to make sure.

jeffharris no está en línea Stack level 2

I have been on T-Mo for 2+ years with the BB normal and int'l data plan, and I surf the net, and use all data apps, and have never been charged a penny extra for data - domestic or international - and I travel a lot.

bodiesboy0 Guest

Tmobile does have the unlimited internet plan, and it comes with email also, 19.99 a month

jeffsaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EE28B

yep, i just called tmo and asked it i had any overages on my account and he could not find any. the csr wasnt able to bring up the last bill statement because a new bill period just started and they are still processing the previous one, but he said if i was charged he should have been able to pull it up. he told me to check my bill again in a couple of days just to make sure. but im pretty sure i am not being charged because i checked online daily for charges haha

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

this is what makes ATT better because they are world wide.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

JPREP no está en línea Stack level 2

T-Mobile is great for international. Every overseas trip I have had minimal charges. Emails all free, and for some reason, they did not charge me for internet browsing when done over Wi-Fi, though I was sure I should have been.

Ericbl no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I switched to TMO from VRZ several years ago because of int. Package. $19.99/mo unlimited data (email and browsing) sms cost .35 ea while abroad (I use Jivetalk instead). Going to switch to the curve as calls terminate/originate at your home hotspot. If I have wifi acess I can call back to the US at no charge, or somone can call me at no charge. I normally see charges avg. $3.00/min. I normally use tethered modem as well becuase most countries charge for internet acess in the hotels.

cbaker17 no está en línea Stack level 1

I cant say what i do... but i can tell you with 100% certainty that our international feature does come with unlimitied emailing for free and that its 19.99 on top fo your regular 19.99 feature you can add and remove it as you wish. It does not cover anything but email, expect to be charged for any web surfing or text messages and im because depending on the program that goes through tm or the internet. As far as the curve and uma and hotspot goes yes you can use it for free incoming and outgoing calling anywhere you want even abroad if your on a open hot spot as of now, i dont know of any plans to change that but you should know that is not what hotspot was designed for so if that ability is taken away, please understand...

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

being charged for using DATA, (i.e websurfing ,jivetalk, google maps etc) while roaming internationally is a bit tricky.
    it depends on if the country's carrier that your going to has stuck a deal with t-mobile to allwo you UNLIMITED usage of data or charge per kb.
    For example i went to trinidad and tobago and i used the data as if there was not tomorw, i wasnt charged a single extra cent besides the unlimited internt'l email add-on.

as a contrast, i went to punta cana ,Dominican republic and attempted to perform the same unlimited feat, lol.
    i was using jivetalk and tethering to my hearts content.
    upon my return i was greated with a lovely $75+ on my bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast