Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The T-Mobile Germany Curve OS Applications v4.2.2.90 and Platform 2.4.0.35 was released today. Here is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mbusaboi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FF4F8A

Smile T-Mobile Germany Curve OS Available

Advertisement

The T-Mobile Germany Curve OS Applications v4.2.2.90 and Platform 2.4.0.35 was released today. Here is the link to the T-Mobile Germany Free Download Website:

Click Here

Then click on FREE Download Area -> Endgeräte -> RIM Devices -> 8300. In this folder you will see the .exe software upgrade file to download.

The site is in German but once you download the file and remove the vendor.xml, it loads wthout any problems. This release seems to fix a lot of issues related to other Curve OS versions. There are also release notes on the free download area site.

I finaly have 2 browsers for my unlocked AT&T BlackBerry Curve used on T-Mobile USA. WooHoo!!!

Good luck!

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-Mobile Germany Curve OS Available

Thx for the heads up!

crupp no está en línea Stack level 2

not recognizing the udate. Could it be because the app number is the only that is higher?
    Having the latest electronics, not priceless

fearomoon no está en línea Stack level 1

which upgrade is newer/better? rogers (app v 4.2.2.89/platform v.2.4.0.42) or german tmo with app v4.2.2.90 and platform 2.4.0.35 ??

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

really not sure, I would say the application version is newer with the Tmobile, but platform version is older... so not sure if it was more "stable" or what. (it's even lower than AT&T's platform version which is 2.4.0.39)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

fearomoon no está en línea Stack level 1

imho the platform is the os... rogers update seems to be the most recent os and the tmo update seems to be the one with the most recent applications on the device... i still wonder what's the better choice
    bluetooth in-car connection definitely works more stable with rogers update.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

fortunately for me, i haven't had encountered any instability in my curve (please please don't let me regret saying that)...
    so far i've installed the ATT first release with NO issues - with unlocked themes and removing PTT cod files. i 'upgraded' to rogers two nights ago. hit some bumps during the upgrade, but honestly believe it was network issues along with new BIS features i'm not used to yet

on the BT note, i have had issues even with my pearl on a delay in actual connecting vs. when i hit the button...i just figured it was my BT. never really tested.

this curve (not sure if it is with all) loses connectivity easy...what i mean is sitting in my house i can look down and it say gsm. the only way to get it back to edge is a battery pull not sure what is going on there.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

ok, this is about is about to cause me to throw something...i upgraded to the germany os and guess what..i lost my flippin browsers again. i have redown loaded, reinstalled, registered, sent my service books, and spent about 3 hours on this.

if there was a blackberry god let him grace me with more patience....i am currently down grading back to the O2 os agian for the third time. i think someone is sending me a message.......crap on me will you.....urgggggh

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did the germany OS fix the calander issues?

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades
    ok, this is about is about to cause me to throw something...i upgraded to the germany os and guess what..i lost my flippin browsers again. i have redown loaded, reinstalled, registered, sent my service books, and spent about 3 hours on this.

if there was a blackberry god let him grace me with more patience....i am currently down grading back to the O2 os agian for the third time. i think someone is sending me a message.......crap on me will you.....urgggggh
    @Zim -

Curious if you tried the last step that I had to do in order to get the t-mobile browsers after I loaded O2 version? I had already done everything else: deleted service books, battery pull, send service books from BIS website at T-Mobile, etc. No go - until I deleted the email accounts on the T-Mobile BIS page, re-added, and re-sent service books. Then the two browsers appeared. BTW: still had to re-do the APN manually...

@Others with T-Mobile: anyone else try out this OS and get browsers the way we do under the O2 version?

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I will try it again. I may have just skipped a step =). I tend to speed read
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Also curious:

@mbusaboi (and others who tried this?) - assuming it works with TMo USA, does this version also fix the "disappearing folders" problem that the O2 version has?

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

im going to try it

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

There is a newer version, this is old.

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID