Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Amigotek We think that T-Mo USA is going to get the 8320 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: T-Mobile Germany Curve Available for Purchase!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    We think that T-Mo USA is going to get the 8320 because of UMA. You have to remember that even though the parent company is the same, T-Mo USA is the redheaded stepchild and runs completely independent of T-Mo Germany (or any other country for that matter). Just because it shows up there doesn't gaurantee it will show up here. For example, the Black V3 was available from Germany before it ever showed up on Cingular here but was never available for T-Mobile due to Cingular's contract restriction on Motorola.

Zo.
    thanks for the reply!

vp

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    404 - Seite nicht gefunden

Die gewünschte Seite konnte leider nicht gefunden werden.
    Bitte nutzen Sie unsere Suche (oben rechts) und geben Sie einen passenden Suchbegriff ein.

Ihr Redaktionsteam

that's what i get.... but no clue what it says

Says "Site Not Found - The desired site could not be found unfortunately. Please use our search (right above) and enter a suitable search word." (paraphrased)

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Hopefully this means we will see one from tmobile US sooner than expected?

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    Hopefully this means we will see one from tmobile US sooner than expected?
    yes, i'm hoping very soon. but just in case, i have an email in to t-mobile germany to see how much an unlocked one would be. haven't heard back yet.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

So is there any way we could buy a T-mo curver Germany and use it on T-mo usa?

PIN/ID
    Retired

So just to share the information I got...

My E-Mail to T-Mobile Deutschland (kundenservice@t-mobile.de)

Hello.

I am a T-Mobile US customer. The Blackberry Curve was not released by T-Mobile US, but I see it has been released by you. Is there a way I can buy an Unlocked Blackberry Curve through you without a plan, so I may use it on my T-Mobile US account here?

If so, how much would it cost? Please let me know as soon as you can.
    Their Response:

Thank you for your interest in our products.

We are sorry, but we do not deliver into foreign countries. Please
    have a look at the internet, for example in ebay, perhaps you will
    find the Blackberry Curve there. Good luck.

Yours sincerely,

T-Mobile Customer Service

Nadja Busch
    Oh well. Guess it was worth a try.

rym20 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24408F08

Re: T-Mobile USA Curve

Well I have been researching regarding the rumors of the Blackberry 8820 (wifi enabled version of 8800) and Tmobiles own version of the blackberry curve. I have checked every website and there seems to be no info regarding release. I however have been reading more about the 8820 being more of a possibility for a release. I called my neighborhood tmo to ask them if they are getting the curve and it seems that they know nothing. So i thought maybe if I call the Los Angeles area tmo they might know something since thats where pre launches usually occur. the first one had no Idea about the curve's availability however I finally got through the main Tmo retail in LA and the rep has told me that she knows nothing more regarding pricing or exact release date however she knows it will be arriving at the end of July 2007, and yes she confirmed that the tmo version of the curve exactly will have wifi. I in the other hand prefer the wifi version of the 8800.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Rym, your research timing matches what I have heard about UMA (aka as T-Mobile Hotspot@home) service. I am hoping one of the 4 units is a BB.

Zo.

supafli20 no está en línea Stack level 2

well allow me to add more speculation. I was at my local tmo store today in socal and asked about the curve. The rep did "confirm" that the curve was being released with wifi as part of the @home campaign. Howeever, he stated to me that it was not due out until the end of summer or around september. then when i asked him when @home was being rolled out he said "the end of this month or in july". i just don't know if i can wait for it to come out on tmo...I played with it today at the att store and almost left with one...

mjacobi no está en línea Stack level 2

has anyone tried downloading the curve software from the German TMo site? my german is super shaky, and i'm having a hell of a time finding if it's available. it should work with a US sim, correct? my us Tmo SIM worked just fine in a german tmo phone last summer when i was over for the world cup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12