I am from the Houston Texas area and we have a large number of users ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sbowlestx no está en línea Stack level 1

Question T-Mobile Curve 8320 email issue

Advertisement

I am from the Houston Texas area and we have a large number of users that receive large batches of email at once. When this happens the device always shows EDGE and has a good signal. When we notice this and test the device yor also get a red x when sending emails BUT the mail does deliver. Pin to Pin fails and you are not able to browse using the Internet browser. However you are able to use the T-Zones browser. We have changed out devices for the users having the problem and the problem follows the user/8320. If we put the same user on an 8700 the problem goes away. The only way to get the devices back up and running is to pull the battery. That is fine if it only happened once a month or so but we have some usere that this happens 3 and 4 times a week. Is there anyone else experiencing the same issue? If so please contact me.

We have tried the following:

1. Updated OS from 4.2 to 4.5
    2. Moved users to a different BES
    3. Sent logs to T-Support
    4. Sent logs to T-Mobile
    5. Used Wi-fi only
    6. Turned off Wi-fi

The bottom line is that both RIM and T-Mobile can not give us an explanation for what is happening. They did give us 3 8900's to test with some problem users and so far the issue has gone away. (1 month) My first thought is it is the device but only about 40 percent of our users are having the problem. Any insight would be appreciated.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I haven't seen you mention any of the following such as: resending service books, and maintenance on users email account. I would assume that you've already tried those options down to even removing particular files from the service book and resending them? I can tell you from my experience that I am not a big fan of the T-mobile 8320. I have had countless issues with them from day one and refuse to endorse that particular device to anyone. At&t also carries the 8320 but I have yet to hear any issues yet so I cannot condemn that particular model in general just the T-mobile version.
    Last edited by BES Noob; 03-10-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have resent service books and anything that can possibly be thought of. We changed out the sim card, nuked the device and reloaded from scratch. We removed the user account from the BES and readded them. By using the Internet Browser instead of the Blackberry Browser that pretty much eliminated the BES. This is really hard to get a handle on because some of them work fine and others do not.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I had the same problen before, what i did was wiping the device using jlcmder option 4 then reinstaling the OS (4.5.0.174),resending service books and restoring all data (ive made. a backup first) and so far no more issues with the email. (At your own risk)dont forgget remove the sim and media card before anything
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I show the latest T-Mobile OS being 4.5.0.81 but we did a complete Nuke and reload of the software. The new devices that come in now already have 4.5 loaded.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Wiping the phone and then resending service books makes no difference whatsoever since everything is already set back to default settings. Now you mentioned that this is device specific. Have you switched out and used a different 8320 and gotten the same results? I noticed that you mentioned that when you switch out to a different model such as a 8700 or an 8900 that the issue seems to go away. Did you ever try another 8320 just to see if it was specific to just that particular device?
    Last edited by BES Noob; 03-11-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Had to retract my first theory.

Yes we have tried other 8320's and the problem follows the user with an 8320. Rim was onsite to do some logging of faulty devices as well. I am not sure they believed what we were saying. It would be easy to point to the device if all users experienced the problem. RIM actually gave me one of their T-Mobile proto type devices and the issue stayed with me. I have been using an 8900 for a month or so and so far no issues.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    It would be far too easy just to switch out the device. The problem is you and the people you report to need to know why? Are you guys strictly T-Mobile? If you guys have an ATT account would you guys be willing to try the 8320 from ATT?
    Last edited by BES Noob; 03-11-2009 at 02:16 PM.

We are 80% T-Mobile and 10% Verizon. We have not had and issue at all with Verizon Curves. It would be nice to switch but the cancellation fees are steep for 600+ lines. For now Verizon does not have enough International devices to warrant a mass switch. T-Mobile just sent us 20 8900's to deploy to see if the problem goes away. Personally I would like to look at AT&T but I only have so much pull.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    for 600 plus lines you should be able to have cancellation fees waivered. When I was with my last company we had cancellation fees waivered across the board and a couple of our carriers we had less than 600 lines. If T-Mobile is willing to do what they have done so far I would stick with them. I agree with you completely that Verizon doesn't have enough international phones and then you got to talk about the whole vodaphone thing. Ugh, what a headache!

yump0p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    i have t-mobile and i had to delete my email 4 to 5 times before i finally got it to work the right way on the bb

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by yump0p View Post
    i have t-mobile and i had to delete my email 4 to 5 times before i finally got it to work the right way on the bb
    Is this on a BIS or BES email setup?

yump0p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Is this on a BIS or BES email setup?
    i dont know what bis or bes is

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I know you may think this is dumb but go to options>mobile network and tell em your settings in there
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.