Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

T-moblie just sent me a new blackberry 8320 because i had problems with the one ... BlackBerry Curve forum

itsmichelleee no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8320 Constant Restarts?!?!?!! Help!!!

Advertisement

T-moblie just sent me a new blackberry 8320 because i had problems with the one i bought, but before i sent it i backed up all my info on my old bb and when i got a new one i restored the info onto it but when im using my bb internet it suddenly restarts and even when im not using it, it restarts and ect. its really driving me insane....
    I dont have any junk apps or things in my bb sooooo

PLEASE HELP MEE!!! because i dont wanna wait another week for another new blackberry....

(( it started happening after i downloaded the opera mini 4.1 beta so i erased it but it still restarts .... so i just redownloaded opera mini because its the best!!! xD))

THANK YOU guys sooo very much....

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    This happened to me before too and guess what? It was also a refurb. I had tried everything and then a simple OS reload fixed it all.
    /~*brooke

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    This happened to me before too and guess what? It was also a refurb. I had tried everything and then a simple OS reload fixed it all.
    Yup I had this happen to me b4, reset your bb to factory than do an advanced restore so you can pick and choose what you want ie: adresses and contacts, any 3rd party apps can be reloaded. Most likely some data got corrupted causing the restarts.

itsmichelleee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ebanga View Post
    Yup I had this happen to me b4, reset your bb to factory than do an advanced restore so you can pick and choose what you want ie: adresses and contacts, any 3rd party apps can be reloaded. Most likely some data got corrupted causing the restarts.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my problem
    How do I do a os restart??

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Check it you have a memory leak, and if you're closing all your apps instead of just exiting out of them.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmichelleee View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my problem
    How do I do a os restart??

Wipe your phone then go to www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade and download the software.

After you install the software go into...

My Computer> Programs> Common Files> Research In Motion> AppLoader and delete the "Vendor". But before you do that make sure you have the latest Desktop Manager. You can get that from www.blackberry.com.

When the DM and software is installed delete the Vendor then load up DM. Should prompt for update.

25laxatl no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry reboots

Hey I have had this exact problem with my 8320. Last week I selected to use "short preamble" instead of "long preamble" on the wireless router and I have not experienced the issue since.

I am guessing that not all routers have this option; but, if you are using 3rd party firmware then you probably do! Good luck.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got some from TMO wroking fine...once i put SIM card activate on BES they keep restarting i end up taking them back for new replacements the one they sent were fine

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine does the same! I just got my 8320 bb yesterday. Mine does it when I'm adding folks on my myfaves. Ill be in the middle of adding the picture and the ringtone and it restarts by itself! Its super annoying so I'm gonna go exchange it tomorrow. Is there any way one can differentiate a new bb from a refurb? I don't wanna pay full price for some refurb cause thats not fair.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Did you do the OS reload? I promise it will work
    I almost sent my phone back -- it was so stressful! It would just restart in the middle of calls.
    /~*brooke

PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~id rather get a new one heh. So is there anyway to tell if its refurb or not?

BBP
    Funny off the box and defective??? I have got one now I just did a wipe with JL_Cmder reinstalling everything over same issue the prob is we got like 30 brand new 3 got this restarting issue rest worked just fine could be defective shipment from RIM?
    Last edited by BBP; 06-22-2008 at 02:44 PM.

BBP
    Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~id rather get a new one heh. So is there anyway to tell if its refurb or not?
    The replacements i got from the TMO rep were all new in the box. CS send refurb ones

PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    interesting...i just got my 2nd curve today. i got the first one 2 days ago.. and i dont think it's the phone..? at first i thought it was, then this one does the same thing too! thought it was maybe my sd card? but i THINK and im HOPING its the os..i cant wait til the new one comes out sometime this month i think june 28th (thats what it says on the other thread i read earlier...) and find out exactly what is going on. i cant just keep going to a tmo store and keep getting a new curve every time this happens! and ps. both curves were brand new from boxes that were never opened. they opened them in front of me..i just wish theres some other way to fix this cause its super annoying! mine actually restarts when im editing my myfaves contacts ie: changing their pics, ringtones.. while im trying to pick the perfect ringtone for a particular person and it restarts while im browsing. and its annoying cause my awesome ringtones are on my sd so im hoping its not that. ill try the new os when it comes out and if it STILL doesnt fix it, then i dont know what to do. one shouldnt have to go thru all these guessing games, it should just work like its supposed to. i paid $200 for this phone, it better work properly.

PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    also i tried wiping out the handheld to factory settings and it still did the same thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast