Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Originally Posted by anoxia187 i am getting the new 8900 will be called 9200 Javelin ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #16
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia187 View Post
    i am getting the new 8900 will be called 9200 Javelin with 3G.
    First we had the 8300 Curve, followed by the second generation 8310 Curve. Then the derivatives for other carriers, 8320, 8330 etc.

    Javelin was just the code name during the R&D phase. Once ready for release the phone was named 8900 Curve. Therefore like the development path of the 83xx series, the upcoming 3G Curve will be the 89xx Curve (not 9200 Javelin).

    sent via BlackBerry Bold

  2. #17
    planneau's Avatar
    planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    First we had the 8300 Curve, followed by the second generation 8310 Curve. Then the derivatives for other carriers, 8320, 8330 etc.

    Javelin was just the code name during the R&D phase. Once ready for release the phone was named 8900 Curve. Therefore like the development path of the 83xx series, the upcoming 3G Curve will be the 89xx Curve (not 9200 Javelin).

    sent via BlackBerry Bold

    I agree.

    Take the Strom for example: first they had the 9500, then is the 9530. Pearl: 8100, then the 8110, which follow the 8130.

    It will be very interesting to see what the next model number will be.

    I am guessing that the "Magnum" will be in the 95XX series since it will feature a touch screen.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

  3. #18
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I agree.

    Take the Strom for example: first they had the 9500, then is the 9530. Pearl: 8100, then the 8110, which follow the 8130.

    It will be very interesting to see what the next model number will be.

    I am guessing that the "Magnum" will be in the 95XX series since it will feature a touch screen.
    Yes I agree, it will be very interesting to see what model "family" the Magnum is placed in. Especially as we reach the 10k number.


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    The 10k number looks and sounds ugly. Any marketing genius will not allow them to use it.
    I know i wouldnt.
    I truly believe the "Magnum" will be somewhere around the 93xx or the 92xx
    leaving the Bold at 90xx and the full touchscreen at 95xx.

  5. #20
    adam917's Avatar
    adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    166

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    The 10k number looks and sounds ugly. Any marketing genius will not allow them to use it.
    I know i wouldnt.
    I truly believe the "Magnum" will be somewhere around the 93xx or the 92xx
    leaving the Bold at 90xx and the full touchscreen at 95xx.
    What's the problem? Maybe a device without compromises would be called 10000. Like a keyboarded touchscreen multi-band 3G/2G device that ties the features & hardware of all the 9xxx models together.

  6. #21
    Hack173's Avatar
    Hack173 no está en línea banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Posts
    2,694
    I think 10000 sounds ugly too! I think it will fit in nicely with 92xx & 93xx like ranxoren said.

    ~via BB Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    thanks !

    RIM IF YOU HERE ME - IM HEEERE !!! HIRE MEEE !!!

    hahaha

  8. #23
    uberspeed's Avatar
    uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Posts
    154
    I thought the 9xxx series was 3G, the 95xx series touchscreen. They could make the 8900 with 3G the 9320 or so. Of course they could make it any darn number, silly statement, I realize. lol

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by uberspeed View Post
    I thought the 9xxx series was 3G, the 95xx series touchscreen. They could make the 8900 with 3G the 9320 or so. Of course they could make it any darn number, silly statement, I realize. lol
    Indeed
    But i do agree with you. It WOULD make sense, hence why i said the "Magnum" will fall under 93xx or 92xx if it was up to me.

  10. #25
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    If it was up to me, I could care less about it's numerical designation.

    I just want the Magnum to be built well & perform properly right out of the box. That way first time BlackBerry buyers will have a good experience.

    sent via BlackBerry Bold #6
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •