Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Eeeeewwwwe! Chrome gets covered in finger and face prints in a matter of seconds... uck! ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-Mobile 8320 is really Gold!

Advertisement

Eeeeewwwwe! Chrome gets covered in finger and face prints in a matter of seconds... uck!

I'm encouraged to hear that *one* of the colors will be a gray - that will be my choice. Also seriously considering ordering a face plate and pimping it myself.

A thought: wouldn't it be cool is phone manufacturers like RIM simply published and precise spec for their fascias (shells) - in advance of release, allowing 3rd party manufacturers to duplicate device boides precisely - but in all sorts of cool colors and materials and patterns...

geezie no está en línea Stack level 3

new to the forum . just out of curiousity . . . would the curve be better thru tMob or AT&T ?? i doubt id pay 9.99 just to be able to use WiFi with tMob . and at&t's data plan prices for the blackberrys are the best ive seen . i already have a Pearl thru at&t and i was deciding on a curve thru tMob , an 8820 or curve thru at&t , or an 8830 thru sprint . each carrier kinda has a special thing to offer and im at a fork in the road .

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

the $9.95 is for the hotspot service which gives you unlimited minutes on any wifi hotspot. You can use the wifi all you want for data/internet usage. And tmo's blackberry add on is $19.99. Cheapest data plan for BB out of the Big 4 and all in the us i believe, please correct me if im wrong anyone.

tmos data plan is 15 bucks cheaper than at&t's cheapest

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by geezie
    new to the forum . just out of curiousity . . . would the curve be better thru tMob or AT&T ?? i doubt id pay 9.99 just to be able to use WiFi with tMob . and at&t's data plan prices for the blackberrys are the best ive seen . i already have a Pearl thru at&t and i was deciding on a curve thru tMob , an 8820 or curve thru at&t , or an 8830 thru sprint . each carrier kinda has a special thing to offer and im at a fork in the road .
    Welcome to pinstack!

If I was to choose AT&T Curve 8300 vs. tmobile's 8320 I will choose the 8320 because it has a wifi and tmobile have affordable plans when it comes to blackberry. At&t will soon lunch the 8310 with gps but no wi-fi.

So if I were you my two options will be either 8320 tmo wifi vs. 8310 gps at&t.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

the t-mobile curve is going to be a sweet phone, from what i understad the wifi is included in the data plan which is 20$ a month. and if you want o add the hotspot@home service then you'll have to pay additional 9.99$ (which hotspot service gives you unlimited calls from anywhere you can connect to a wifi location),
    which i've also heard that the hotspot promo price has been extended to i do believe the 25th of septemeber.

i really can't wait to get this phone!!!!!!!!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

hi Geezie -

Not sure what AT&T charges, but I believe that TMo's BIS (blackberry internet service) add-on is the best deal out there among the big carriers. For $19.95 a month added onto your voice plan, you get unlimited blackberry email and internet / data service. From a cost perspective, I don't think you'll do better.

TMo also has 24x7 customer service, and it generally gets very high marks (JD Powers, as well as me and most of the people who post here - although, like everything, you'll find varied opinions about this).

In the end, what you really need to do is make sure that the carrier you pick has the coverage you need. This will take some homework on your part. Start with coverage maps - but don't depend on them as your only source. Check with friends / co-workers to see what their experiences are. Also: my suggestion is to ask people who *currently* have the service you're asking about (i.e., ask AT&T people about AT&T, TMo users about TMo, etc.) - I've found a bad tendency for people to bad-mouth services they're NOT using, often quoting urban legend instead of fact.

Also: whoever you decide on, make sure you know the exact terms for the "buyer's remorse period", during which you can return the phone and cancel the contract without getting nailed for a penalty. Make sure you test the phone and service thoroughly during that time to be sure you have the coverage you need in all the important locations (i.e., home, work, the route to work, places you go to party, places you visit, etc).

From a cost and customer service perspective, I don't think you'll do better than T-Mobile anywhere else. You just have to decide if the coverage is right for you and they have the device and services you want.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by spike41615
    tmos data plan is 15 bucks cheaper than at&t's cheapest
    $10.

I'm with Tmo, but i'm pretty sure the cheapest BIS option on AT&T is $30.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

just curious,are you fimiliar with gsm & cdma? I think deciding which you'd prefer is your first step before going on to decide a model.

just a quick rundown, one of the benefits of gsm providers (tmo/att) is you can have the phone unlocked from being only able to be used on that carrier and bring it over to any other carrier that runs on gsm. if you purchase a phone from a cdma provider (verizon/sprint), the phone can only be used on that specific network and not be transferred over if you decide to leave the provider. Also a downfall to cdma providers is they tend to recieve models last (e.g. the pearl). RIM is starting to show love, but their first releases are still to GSM providers. CDMA does have its upsides (in the US), such as both Verizon/Sprint having an excellent highspeed data network.

i would suggest just finding out a bit more about the technical side of things before making a decision. the more knowledge you have, the more informed your decision will be and better chance of you being happy with your pick (and less chance of evil surprise). there is no best provider, imo, just a provider that best fits a customers needs.

For me, 8320 + Tmobile.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have heard tmo is adding another option to their offering of blackberry plans. I'll give more info when I gather it. The long and short is they will begin offering a $10 plan JUST for email, no internet. Not sure if this will include bbm or not, but have to believe it will. So for those of you planning on getting a curve, and can live with internet while on wifi only, it might be a great option. Supposedly going to be available Sept 12th.

I'll get more info when I get it.

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    $10.

I'm with Tmo, but i'm pretty sure the cheapest BIS option on AT&T is $30.

woops

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have heard tmo is adding another option to their offering of blackberry plans. I'll give more info when I gather it. The long and short is they will begin offering a $10 plan JUST for email, no internet. Not sure if this will include bbm or not, but have to believe it will. So for those of you planning on getting a curve, and can live with internet while on wifi only, it might be a great option. Supposedly going to be available Sept 12th.

I'll get more info when I get it.
    I'd be interested to see how they would impliment this. keep us posted!

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't care what color it is, all I know is when the 24th comes I'm getting my early upgrade done

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't care what color it is, all I know is when the 24th comes I'm getting my early upgrade done
    amen, its the functionality that we care about

geezie no está en línea Stack level 3

i was interested in sprints because even if its CDMA its still a world phone and it has a GSM slot for out of the US use . i thought that was kinda cool . im not overly concerned with a camera either . and tmobiles DATA only for blackberry is 29.99 just for iNet and eMail . and u gotta pay extra for text messaging . i need the unlimited so that would be like 19.99 . the pricing is actually somewhat the same . but either way , im not concerned with the wiFi toooooo much cuz i dont really think all that is necessary to pay 10 bucks just to find hot spots to use my fone for free . i wouldnt get the voice service on whichever blackberry i decide . i always had my data device and phone device separate . i have the pearl for my voice plan thru at&t and out of all the carriers ive dealt with (and thats almost EVERY one) at&t has provided the best coverage . i guess at this point , its just whomever i can get the curve for the cheapest price !! and that gold color is sooooooooooooooo NOT hot .

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

i was interested in sprints because even if its CDMA its still a world phone and it has a GSM slot for out of the US use . i thought that was kinda cool . im not overly concerned with a camera either . and tmobiles DATA only for blackberry is 29.99 just for iNet and eMail . and u gotta pay extra for text messaging . i need the unlimited so that would be like 19.99 . the pricing is actually somewhat the same . but either way , im not concerned with the wiFi toooooo much cuz i dont really think all that is necessary to pay 10 bucks just to find hot spots to use my fone for free . i wouldnt get the voice service on whichever blackberry i decide . i always had my data device and phone device separate . i have the pearl for my voice plan thru at&t and out of all the carriers ive dealt with (and thats almost EVERY one) at&t has provided the best coverage . i guess at this point , its just whomever i can get the curve for the cheapest price !! and that gold color is sooooooooooooooo NOT hot .

THe unlimited data plan is 19.99....... Not 29.99. Or I miss understood
    BB8900 is mine!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast