My buddy is trying to sync his BB with my outlook and I'm having issues. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BobcatBomber no está en línea Stack level 2

Syncing with Outlook issues

Advertisement

My buddy is trying to sync his BB with my outlook and I'm having issues. My BB will accept everything from outlook, but I want to snyc old calander appts from BB to outlook. Outlook will not pull them in further back than 7 days. I've got appointments I'd like to pull into outlook from 30+ days ago but Outlook will not take them.

Help?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm confused. You said your buddy is trying to sync HIS BlackBerry with YOUR Outlook, but YOU'RE having issues?

Help us out here.

YEah....my bad. I originally started the post just as it was mine, but i realized that i've got my device listed. lol. It's my buddy. He's having issues and I told him i would help him out.

Okay, cool, so he's trying to sync with HIS Outlook then and can only go back 7 days? You've checked the sync settings in Desktop Manager?

He says he has. I am at work and not around DM to look at it. I was planning to root around my DM when I got home.

He wants all his old appointments (indefinitely back) in his BB to sync to Outlook calander and they don't. His old Outlook appts sync to his BB, but not the other way around.

Sounds like he doesn't have it set up to do a two-way sync.

He says all his calander apps from present forward do sync back to his Outlook calander.

He might want to reset the device calendar and start from scratch.

Go into Calendar>BB menu button>Options, the type RSET. Should prompt him for which calendar then go ahead and clear. Check the Desktop Manager settings for Outlook (also make sure the box for synchronizing organizer data is checked) and do a sync. See if that helps.