Will the bb media sync put videos on my bb too?... BlackBerry Curve forum

woodygg no está en línea Stack level 1

Syncing with Itunes

Advertisement

Will the bb media sync put videos on my bb too?

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad
    Doubt it.

penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    About BlackBerry Media Sync

If your BlackBerry® device is running BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.2 or later and you have a media card inserted in your device or your device includes on-board device memory, you can use BlackBerry® Media Sync to synchronize your music playlists from your iTunes® library on your computer to your device. You can also synchronize your podcasts and other audio files from your iTunes library to your device if those files are part of a playlist.

BlackBerry Media Sync supports the following audio file types: .wav, .wma, .mp3, .aac, and .m4a. Audio files that contain digital rights management (DRM) technologies are not supported.

BlackBerry Media Sync is compatible with 32-bit editions of Windows® XP SP2 and 32-bit editions of Windows Vista™.

penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    gave it a shot, to see how it responds.

added a single video to an empty playlist: BBMS did not show the playlist as available (grayed). added one audio podcast to that playlist: BBMS immediately recognized the playlist (showed it contained two items).
    however, the sync did not complete and BBMS displayed a friendly notification that not all items were included on the sync, and even offered a list of non-synced items and explained why.

start pestering RIM about this, and maybe they'll add this ability.

(also, the new high-speed USB makes BBMS wicked fast!)

msvoluptous no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down

No it does not I have tried it too lol. It only so far syncs your playlists in your Itunes. I wish they could sync the videos as well but I guess maybe with copyrights and so forth so im not sure but I wish they would reverse this! lol

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via smartphone~

Itunes recently updated their software to get rid of the DRM protection (its called Itunes Plus). I haven't used my 8120 to copy music, etc from it yet.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I wonder if iTunes+ gets rid of DRM in videos too.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    They did. Check out the FAQ in the iTunes Store. Click on the "iTunes Plus, Stellar Sound, DRM Free" icon in iTunes, then click on the link that says "Read our FAQ."
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-08-2009 at 03:44 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh i know i just meant for Digital Copies so then we can play them on our Berrys

yeah just checked again, it upgraded all my MP3s when i did it back then but Digital Copies still are DRM blocked

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    The DRM-free stuff says "iTunes Plus" and not all of the iTunes Store is that. I just got 2 videos and they aren't iTunes Plus versions. The DRM free stuff costs more. I think in the future you'll be able to strip off the DRM from your old iTunes purchased stuff (for a price of course).
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.