I can't seem to figure out how to sync my Curve 8310 with my desktop ... BlackBerry Curve forum

madman4k no está en línea Stack level 1

Syncing Windows Mail (Vista) with the Curve

Advertisement

I can't seem to figure out how to sync my Curve 8310 with my desktop e-mail. I am running Vista, which has Windows Mail instead of the standard Outlook. And, the 2 are not syncing. Any help would be appreciated.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: Syncing Windows Mail (Vista) with the Curve

As far as I know there is no option to sync any mail via the usb with BlackBerry, when you connect with the DM there is options to configure with regards to syncing (Outlook): Contacts, Notes, and Calendar but not mail. If you have a Data plan with your Provider you can setup your mail via BIS.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

First, no BlackBerry "syncs" email.

If you're using BES, you have email reconciliation. That is, you can optionally have emails marked as Read on your mailbox when you read them on your BlackBerry, and you can optionally have emails deleted from your mailbox when you delete them from your Blackberry. Emails deleted from your mailbox can optionally be deleted on your BlackBerry, but if you move an email to a location the BES can't monitor, it will not be deleted from your BlackBerry.

If you have BIS, you get email on your BlackBerry, and depending on the provider, you can delete on your mailbox from your BlackBerry, and I believe some may even reconcile reads. But that's about as far as BIS goes now.

Exchange Active Sync and Good sync email. That is, what's on your device is a copy of what's in your mailbox. There are no other options with either of these systems.

You should be able to use BIS with Windows Mail, but if it's Hotmail, you should be able to use it on your BlackBerry. However, it will not reconcile wired, and I doubt it will use its address book.
    JerryD

madman4k no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I should have been more descriptive. My problem is actually with syncing the contacts and calender. My contacts are in Windows Mail. I can't seem to find where to tell the Desktop Manager what to sync with. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the same issue. The only thing I could do was use a yahoo email and sync it to that. You enter all the dates and contacts and such into your phone and sync it to yahoo then maintain it that way. I have vista as well and ran into the same issue. Outlook was made for vista but you had to buy the next higher package to get it. I don't sync my email, just main organizer features and it works for me well. Download the blackberry desktop 4.3 and it is a big download. Then you should be able to use any version of outlook express or even yahoo Personal information management to sync to. Hope it helps.