I recently got another Curve from ATT's warrant program. My trackball had some issues and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mongoose720 no está en línea Stack level 2

Syncing Up New Curve to Old one

Advertisement

I recently got another Curve from ATT's warrant program. My trackball had some issues and they send you the main part of the phone, minus the sim card, battery, and back. What would be the best way of moving all my contact from the old one to new one?

I have a Mac and Pocketmac, but I also have access to a Windows, and I heard that might be easier. Will I be able to get all my pin #'s over and schedules and all that stuff or do I lose it all? And what about applications? Will I have to reinstall all of them?

And lastly, with a new blanked phone, is it worth trying to install a Beta 4.5? I've had my blackberry for 7 months now and am an avid visitor to the site. I read about all the benefits and issues with 4.5. Till now, I figured i'd just be safe and way till the official ATT release, but now that I have a blank phone coming, should I give it a try?

Thanks guys!

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    It would be easiest to use a Windows pc with BlackBerry Destkop Manager. You can then just use the backup and restore feature to backup all data from the old device and restore it to the new one. With a MAC you can synchronize to the mac from the old and then bring it to the new but you will only get Calendar, Address Book, Memos and tasks. Nothing else will be brought over. WIth a PC everything is backed up and restored to the new device.