Just bought the 8310. I'd like to sync all my calender, contacts, tasks, and memos ... BlackBerry Curve forum

1319bb no está en línea Stack level 1

Syncing the bb

Advertisement

Just bought the 8310. I'd like to sync all my calender, contacts, tasks, and memos from my work Outlook account but don't want my work emails to go to my blackberry. Instead i want to use a free email service like gmail or yahoo. Do i install 1) blackberry Enterprise Server or Blackberry Desktop Redirector
    2)Blackberry Internet Service? Thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can definitely do the sync from Outlook, but if you don't want any WORK e-mails on the device, then you'll just use the BIS for your personal e-mail. Then the only way you'd get your work e-mail is to set up an OWA account through BIS for your work e-mail or use the Desktop Redirector.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    First off, BES is used only for accounts, usually business accounts or work emails that have their systems set up through an enterprise server. You usually need to get information or have your IT department assist you in setting this up. If you only want Yahoo mail or Gmail then all you need it BIS. This is what I have for my Yahoo mail.

Second, when you sync with Outlook you have the options to choose what parts are going to sync. In your DM, select the advanced or setup option in the sync option to select what you want to sysnc. There is no need to sync email because you will have it set up through the BIS or BES.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    First off, BES is used only for accounts, usually business accounts or work emails that have their systems set up through an enterprise server. You usually need to get information or have your IT department assist you in setting this up. If you only want Yahoo mail or Gmail then all you need it BIS. This is what I have for my Yahoo mail.

Second, when you sync with Outlook you have the options to choose what parts are going to sync. In your DM, select the advanced or setup option in the sync option to select what you want to sysnc. There is no need to sync email because you will have it set up through the BIS or BES.
    Thanks for expounding on the subject, dubie!

evad310 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you do want selected work e-mail to get to your BB, just set it up in Outlook to forward to your gmail or yahoo, that way it is not syncing, but you are getting the e-mails you want. Also, I have had bad experiences with BES servers, and the IT policy is very difficult to remove from your device after it is established. After I left my old company, they decided they didn't want to allow texts on company BB anymore, and even though I didn't work for them , it got applied to my phone.